Home Sports Talk
Options

Wright fails physical, Yanks look to cancel agreement

Comments

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Don't worry Gemmy - at least Eric Milton (!) will be coming in to save the day!

BTW, did you read where Wells went to the Yankees first, asked to come back, and Cashman told him no? That's why he signed with the Sox - Yankees moves thus far are very un-Yankee like.
  • Options
    ctsoxfan,

I am sorry to say as much as I like Wells, he is old and getting older with a bigh stomach and a bad back. It's one thing being 41 going on 42, but being overweight with a bad back, it is not worth it. I remember against the Marlins in the 2003 WS Wells might have cost the Yankees the series because of his back. His back gave out, and Contreras had to start unexpectedly. That was the turning point of the series.
  • Options
    Holy Cow. Helps explain the next deal.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    There are a lot of un-Yankee like deals going on. If Cashman refused, it does not surprise me what Wells did. However, I thought he would like to go to the Padres.

This all gets interesting!
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    The Wright deal was the wrong one. Letting a proven starter in Lieber go was a big mistake.

No word yet on what they want to do with Kevin Brown.

Maybe the Johnson deal will go through.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

I remember against the Marlins in the 2003 WS Wells might have cost the Yankees the series because of his back. His back gave out, and Contreras had to start unexpectedly. That was the turning point of the series. >>

was it Contreras? but anyway

BINGO

the fact that the 42 year old stay-puff-marshmellow man is going the the Red Sox dosen't make me blink. Whooopie friggen dooo

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Doesn't Wells have a large tatoo of The Babe on his torso somewhere, along with one of his mother? That should go over like a turd in a punch bowl in the showers.

Speaking of floating turds, that made me think of Caddyshack, which made me think of Bill Murray, which made me think of Ghostbusters, which makes me think that the Stay Puffed Marshmallow Man has already been blown into oblivion. image
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...