Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1974 PSA 10s...Keep'em or Sell'em?

Just received my grades from the latest 1972 - present special and received 5 PSA 10s from the 1974 Topps baseball series. I have got 10s before on 1974s and have always sold them on ebay, figuring their rariety will diminish as time goes by and more 10s are graded. However, this time I received four 10s that are 1 of 1 and I kinda like the fact that I have the only ones in existance at this point. Any opinions out there??? Will their selling value never be higher than now? Thanks!

P.S. I nice problem to have!!

#152 Oscar Gamble 1/1
#343 Royals Team 1/1
#380 Bud Harrelson 1/1
#387 Rich Morales (San Diego) 1/2
#626 Pirates Team 1/1

Comments

• Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    Will their selling value never be higher than now?

I believe that assessment is very correct.
  • Options
    I'm no expect on the set, but unless you want to keep these in your personal collection for a really long time, I would say sell right now. I have seen the value of Nolan Ryan PSA 10's drop drastically in the past 6 months as more 10's are graded. 72 is obviously an older set than almost all of the Ryan 10's, but as with any set, as time goes on, more 10's will be graded, and the big spenders that want them will already have them, or a 9 that they are happy with. The fact that yours are 1/1 only makes the value that much high for the registry guys, and once another 10 is graded and hits ebay, I would guess the value could do as much as drop by anywhere from 30%-50% depending on who shows up to bid. But like I said, I'm no expert on the set. Just as an example, the first Ryan 83 Fleer PSA 10 I saw on ebay about 4 or 5 months ago I think went for something like $160 or $180, the next one (which I won) went for something like $60 or $70. And this card has a pop of 6. Even if you do want a 10 of that card for your personal collection, you might think about selling yours now, and finding a nice PSA 9 copy, then when the 3rd or 4th 10 is graded and on ebay a year or two from now, pick up that one for a 4th what yours sells for.

sorry I'm typing so much, I'm just bored at work.... and thats my 2cents worth
  • Options
    dang it vargha... i wanted to be the first to answer his question... and then you had to jump in with your one sentence answer... what a joke, at least give the poor guy an example
  • Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭

<< <i>dang it vargha... what a joke, at least give the poor guy an example >>

I believe the proper response to this would be, "heh."
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    Heh©
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Sell
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭
    If you want to max. profit, sell now before there is a "big" find somewhere and the pop goes up. If you are building a 9-10 set, keep the cards. You are probably into the cards for $1 or $2 plus grading.
  • Options
    PSARichPSARich Posts: 532 ✭✭✭
    I have been convinced! They will show up on ebay after Christmas. Thanks for the input.