Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I think I am a dumbazzz!!! Poll

I posted pics of this 56P franklin before and the jury was mixed on whether it was a FBL or not.....but thats not the issue. I was wondering if one could selectively dip/clean a spot.........cheap enough half, not particularly nice, so I firured I would try my hand at MS70 as acetone did squat of diddly doo for it. if irst practiced with some cheap cheap cheap nickles i had sitting on my window ledge and it took off the grime and left the toning...so....off to the silver half.

Well, I tried to selectively take off the spot near the date..........lightened it but still there.....let it sit..........dabbed with a q-tip mind you, not diped....sat for several minutes...still there, not much lighter at all.

I had a brief thought in my head.........."will it take off the toning or leave it like the nickle?" Well it made her bright white under the swab, and I got carried away and said what the hell and dipped it in a 50/50 mix followed by big rinse, followed by 2 acetone dips.....pics arent the best.

Yes, I am a dumbazz.....and admitting it is the first step to recovery.......it did make my waterspotted Sac dollars look nice though.

Obverse before
Reverse before
Obverse after the MS70 swabbing
REverse after the MS70 swabbing
Family, kids, coins, sports (playing not watching), jet skiing, wakeboarding, Big Air....no one ever got hurt in the air....its the sudden stop that hurts. I hate Hurricane Sandy. I hate FEMA and i hate the blasted insurance companies.

Comments

• Options
    tsacchtsacch Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
    I got a nice rainbow toned swab now....just as a side note

Family, kids, coins, sports (playing not watching), jet skiing, wakeboarding, Big Air....no one ever got hurt in the air....its the sudden stop that hurts. I hate Hurricane Sandy. I hate FEMA and i hate the blasted insurance companies.
  • Options
    ERER Posts: 7,345
    Do we really need a poll? Answer is obvious.imageimage
  • Options
    its more for learning purposes for the newbies out there......I voted appropriately
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Where's the "Who cares, it's just a Frankie" option?

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    There's nothing you can do to a Franklin half that'll make it look any worse, than it already does.image

Ray
  • Options
    Carbon spots like that usually can never be removed unless you take a grinding wheel to the coin, but on the bright side you do have a rare rainbow toned swab.
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe NCS could've done it?

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    cheap coin, not worth the NCS.............learned alot though

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file