Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

A little help/thoughts on my first photo posting

OneyOney Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭✭
I wanted your opinions on my first coin photo posting.....The camera is a Kodak DX4530 5MP. I used a simple tripod and a black paper background.

What do you think?
Brian

Comments

• Options
    I like it. I just wish the forum would up the picture limit from 50kb to 75kb.
    Good job!
    Glenn
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    Looks OK. I personally like really big pictures so I can see every molecule.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    Good for a first. I also wish PCGS would up the limit. A few ideas for this pic: add more light, set the pic size to no larger than 400x400 pixels, don't use sharpening, and always have fun. image
  • Options
    EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For copper, I like to use two light sources, so the cartwheel effect is obvious. I find that with lustrous silver pieces (which I don't do very often) less light is better. Too much light and you will blind the camera and it will automatically reduce the shutter speed.

On this coin, had to turn off all the directed lights and use the florescent ceiling lights in my office. The directed lights put too much cartwheel, it took away from the qualities I wanted to show.
    Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • Options
    OneyOney Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭✭
    How about these........

imageimage

I think I'm loosing too much detail because of the limited size. At twice the resolution you can see the detail of the breast feathers. They get lost in these.
    Brian
  • Options
    hey everyone, new to the forums,
    got a general question for everyone, I have a photo of a matte proof lincoln cent saved on my pc, How would I post it on the forum? any help would be wonderful, thanks....
  • Options
    Very nice coins, and pretty good pictures just the same

• Options
    direwolf1972direwolf1972 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭
    Second pics very good and much better than the first. I like the big pics personally. As long as I dont have to scroll to see the whole coin bigger is better IMO.
    I'll see your bunny with a pancake on his head and raise you a Siamese cat with a miniature pumpkin on his head.

You wouldn't believe how long it took to get him to sit still for this.

• Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 year old threadimage
    Larry

• Options
    DieClashDieClash Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭

<< <i>3 year old threadimage >>

+1 image

FYI - ahooka454 do a search in this forum on coin photography. There's lot's of advice. I use photobucket to store my images for free. Here's a link to a thread on how to post: Posting Images using Photobucket

You may wish to practice on the Test forum before posting here.
    "Please help us keep these boards professional and informative…. And fun." - DW
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BONGO HURTLES ALONG THE RAIN SODDEN HIGHWAY OF LIFE ON UNDERINFLATED BALD RETREAD TIRES
  • Options
    The glass is half full!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file