Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Something new- Should PSA start grading insert posters?

Hi- I remember opening football packs way back in 1971 and playing with
the insert cards and player posters. I know psa grades the insert playing cards
but not the poster inserts. Wouldn't it be cool for psa to come up with a new
holder for these posters and start grading them. Of course, it would be nice
for them to take the folds into consideration and not grade lower because of
the folds. I know psa grades the '62 insert bucks which are way smaller. What are your thoughts?
Paul

Comments

• Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    Well, I have a nice collection of 1970 Topps inserts of Johnny Bench. The only way they fit in a holder is folded up, so you're either looking at a blank piece of paper or a small section of the poster. In the case of 1970 Topps posters, they fold out to 12x the folded size. I guess I don't see the point of grading them since only 1/12th of the poster can be seen? You can always put it in a frame if you just want to protect it and display it nicely.
  • Options
    Good points! How about psa making a holder that allows the whole
    poster to be open so that a collector can see the entire player picture.
    The holder would be like a small picture frame. It would be like mini
    art work in a holder. Now I think that would be cool. Paul
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    Hmmm, a slab that holds a 10x10" poster. That's what my posters are, folded out. Aside from being rather unwieldy, they'd probably charge $100 to grade the damn thing because they'd have to make a small number of slabs and that would be expensive. And the shipping? Plus they'd probably treat the folds like multiple creases (since it's being slabbed unfolded) and it would get PSA 2 or something. I have enough trouble getting them to grade oddball stuff that fits in a standard holder.

As my Uncle Rocco (may he rest in peace) would say, "Fuggedaboudit!"
  • Options
    Paul,
    How did you send them in?
    Everything I have is about 5X7. Is there a giant cardsaver?
    Thanks,
    Fuzz
    Wanted: Bell Brands FB and BB, Chiefs regionals especially those ugly milk cards, Coke caps, Topps and Fleer inserts and test issues from the 60's. 1981 FB Rack pack w/ Jan Stenerud on top.