Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Here's a Bench you don't see in this grade

It's 1 of 2 graded PSA 10. Since a 9 (SMR $30) just went for $105, I wonder what this would fetch.

Comments

• Options
    rvcrvc Posts: 559 ✭✭
    now thats a real nice card !
    Bob
  • Options
    pcpc Posts: 743
    seems its worth more if it is labeled correctly as a thurman munson card!
    Money is your ticket to freedom.
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    Thurman Schmurman! Actually, the previous owner agrees with you. He was ignoring Johnny and referring to it as a Yankees card. I guess PSA chose Bench because one frame is about his defense and the other frame is about his offense. Thurmy just happened to be the base runner.

PLUS CINCY SMEARED THE SIDEWALK WITH THE YANKEES IN THAT SERIES! (I never get tired of saying that ... It helps during the current lengthy drought)
  • Options
    jimtbjimtb Posts: 704 ✭✭
    It is always a good to find cards that picture the Yankees losing!
    Collecting all graded Alan Trammell graded cards as well as graded 1984 Topps, Donruss, and Fleer Detroit Tigers
  • Options
    John- "I wonder what this would fetch?"... Well, you oughtta know, since you got him to end the auction early and sell it to you image! Good pick-up...
  • Options

<< <i>John- "I wonder what this would fetch?"... Well, you oughtta know, since you got him to end the auction early and sell it to you image! Good pick-up... >>

I know what I had to pay, and t'warnt cheap. I meant if the auction was properly titled and went the distance. Who knows, maybe I paid too much ... but I'm guessing not since you were aware of it despite the faulty title. Probably would have been one of those dumbass bidding wars between gtbeaker and mick-vt. I'll be glad when one of us finishes this godforsaken set!
  • Options
    John- Do you think any of us are ever going to "finish" this set? That seems more and more unlikely as the weeks/months/years go by.

On a side note, I'm hoping to have the spreadsheet BJ sent out fully populated with my suggested weights to everyone by the end of the weekend for their input. The only contentious issues will be those ones where no SMR value exists. I did do a little research and found that only a very few of the other Master Sets have multiple cards weighted a 10, so we'll have to compromise as a group as to which cards in the Bench set we think those should be.
  • Options
    That's fine, as long as it raises the weights of my best cards and lowers the ones I don't have. image

Seriously, I already replied to Cosetta and told her I didn't have any big problems with either your proposed weights or Lee's. Not a battle I want to be part of. Still thinking about that Kurt Bevacqua registry ... a whole lot cheaper and no stress!