Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

PSA graded cards on ebay question

Hello all-

Doe's anyone disagree with no return policy for psa graded cards on ebay? I'm thinking of listing an expensive graded card and don't wanna deal with returns,I figure if its certified by psa then thats your guarantee.

Any opinions appreciated.

Thanks
Jake

Comments

• ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I understand your point. However, when I see "No Returns / Refunds" in an auction, I tend not to bid. It makes me think the seller is trying to hide something, even if he is not. I would never return a card (or even ask to) if for some reason I did not like, or agree with the grade. That's why you buy graded - but, who's to say the holder wasn't tampered with, or that you actually get the card shown in the scan? Just playing devil's advocate here.
  • ctsoxfan-I feel the same way when I buy cards to off ebay,but I also tend to get paranoid that the buyer will tamper with the card and try and send it back and it turns into some law suit.

Thanks for you opinion

Jake

• MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    Some of my favorite sellers indicate no returns on graded cards and I have no problem with that, as long as there is a good scan. Between a picture and a PSA slab, I figure I have enough information to go on. If I get the card and see that the seller failed to notice that someone had etched "BEAT L.A." on the back of the slab, I figure any reasonable person will stand behind their product. Would you?
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Morrellman of course I would stand behind what I advertise no questions asked.I think that would be something I could put as a disclaimer no returns unless item recieved is not as stated.

Thanks
    Jake
  • mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    If you post super big scans of the front and back - I can't see what basis someone would have for a return (other than something like damaged in transit)
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.

• << <i>I can't see what basis someone would have for a return (other than something like damaged in transit) >>

Isn't that what Insurance is for?
    imageimage
  • jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    I don't think we should blame the seller if we disagree with PSA's grade. As long as there was a clear scan with the auction (not manipulated to look better, or a different "file" pic of that graded card), what's the beef? Sometimes buyer's remorse sets in, because the same card is seen elsewhere for less money or because testimony is leaked that proves the player used steroids. Then the lower right corner is suddenly "not what I'd hoped." I don't have a problem with no returns on graded cards, but it has to be stated clearly in the listing.
  • VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    Agreed -- Clear scans and the actual PSA graded card = no worries on my part as a buyer.