Home Sports Talk
Options

MIA: RandyMoss84

Man the guy can talk up a storm when they are beating up on the Niner's or Saints but is absent when they
get done by Chad freaking Hutchinson and the Bears. Funny there is no more Moss TD count, Pittman has
passed him up. Good thing we don't have to watch that STUPID dance anymore!

JS

Comments

• Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    If you are dumb enough to mouth off before a game, especially to someone who has already made you look average, you'd better to be able to back it up. Obviously Moss has a lot of growing up to do.

Jim Souhan: Taunting can be haunting
    Jim Souhan
    Star Tribune
    Published December 6, 2004

CHICAGO -- The final gun sounded, and Vikings players desultorily slapped hands with a few Bears. Randy Moss stopped to sign an autograph for a ball boy -- belatedly putting his signature on this game -- then jogged toward the tunnel.

Three Bears defenders didn't want the play-date to end. Moss had taunted them in warmups; now they hollered and pointed until finally he turned.

Signalling to cornerback Charles Tillman, Moss rotated his arms as if he were steering a semi, pantomiming his takedown of Tillman during their third-quarter fight.

Yes, Moss upended Tillman, but he did nothing to reverse history. For the third time in Mike Tice's three seasons the Vikings lost a road game to the Bears. For the second consecutive year, they blew a December game at Soldier Field as Tillman bettered his favorite antagonist.

Last year, Tillman stole the game's deciding pass from Moss in the end zone. Sunday, Moss stood in the same corner of the same end zone, again looking like a man who had lost something precious.

And perhaps he had. Since they lost to the Giants on Oct. 31, raising the specter of their 2003 collapse, the Vikings had vowed that this season would not mirror the last, but the schedule has taken on the appearance of a looking glass.

Like the 2003 Vikings, the 2004 edition saw a midseason losing streak start with an upset loss to the Giants.

Like the 2003 Vikings, the 2004 edition lost a winnable game in Chicago against a quarterback making his first start for the Bears, a game that could have given them a commanding position in the division.

The Vikings can easily weather this, but that's not the way they should view it. This was a lost opportunity, one that could have put them a game up on Green Bay in the division and moved them to within a game of Atlanta in competition for home-field advantage in the playoffs.

"Crap" is what Tice kept calling it, inelegantly, angrily and accurately.

What Sunday's loss means is that the 2004 Vikings, as in 2003, have reduced their margin for error by losing a game they should have won, this time by making Chad Hutchinson look like Jim McMahon when what we expected was Ed.

Last year's loss at Chicago left the Vikings positioned so the last play of the last game of the season could wrench them from the playoffs. If anything so dramatic befalls them this year, they can reflect on the afternoon of Dec. 5 along the shore of Lake Michigan, when Moss, long the scourge of the division's defensive backs, saw his taunting flung back in his facemask like spit in the wind.

"We were challenged before the game, called out by them," Bears coach Lovie Smith said.

By Moss? "Yeah, that's who I'm talking about," Smith said.

Tillman said he couldn't repeat Moss' taunts. "If I said it," Tillman said, "it would be bleeped."

The Packers have spent a handful of draft picks trying to defend Moss; the Lions have spent big money. The Bears may have gotten it right by deploying a second-round draft pick two years ago on a big, strong guy from Louisiana-Lafayette who doesn't seem to understand he's supposed to be intimidated by someone nicknamed "Super Freak."

"I felt disrespected when we came out there in pregame and he was just really cursing us out and blabbing and everything like that," Tillman said. "I took that personal. I think all the DBs did because he called everybody out ... 'You all better loosen up, I'm going to have a good day, I'm going to score all kinds of touchdowns.' ... Obviously, he didn't.

"It feels better, because for someone to call you out and you step up to the challenge and dominate, that feels great."

Moss caught four passes for 31 yards, and Tillman forced him to fumble once.

• Options
    That read was the biggest waste of time ever in the history of reading. I'm sure that Moss isn't the only football player in the world that has ever taunted someone. Heck, thats all Keyshawn is good at, but he can't back it up. Moss didn't back it up yesterday, but most of the time he does. Viking's will make playoffs, then watch out. Remember, Eagles/Viking's game was a much more exciting affair than Eagles/Packers!
    Culpepper to ?, only God knows at this point!
  • Options
    just been busy =), i know you missed me.

BTW the vikes havent played the Niners this year. You must be mistaken by the bucs give me win against the niners....