Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Please help this Darkside idiot!!

Several months ago when I slipped to the Darkside, I purchased a junk 4oz. silver lot of World coins. After picking up a 20th Century Krause I was able to start identifying many of them. I will need a 19th Century Krause to continue cataloging a number of them. I have come to find a number of coins thats values excede the $50 I gave for the whole lot.

Here are 2 coins that elude me as to there origin,date and value. I thought they would be in my 20th century edition, but I can't find them.
Either I am an idiot (highly probable) and missed them or they are in the 19th century edition, but they don't look that old.
The first one seems to be a whole denomination and the second a fractional denom. I have 4 examples of the first one and 2 of the fractional ones. All are in almost as good a condition as these two shown.

Any help will be greatly apreciated.

John

imageimage

imageimage
Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
imageimage

Comments

• Options
    farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    The first one is from Saudi Arabia - 1Riyal, dated AH1354. KM18, it's 11.6g of .917 silver for .3419asw.
    The second on is also from Saudi Arabia - 1/2 Riyal, dated AH1374. KM38, it's 5.95g of .917 silver for .1754asw
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
  • Options
    Just as I thought, I am an idiot!! I don't know how I missed them.

Thank you farthing!! image
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    And no, you are not an idiot. The coins with arabic script can be some of the most agravating coins to search down in Krause. The pictures in Krause are not the clearest some times, some of the design elements were used by multiple countries at different periods of time, and some are listed under countries that do not come easily to mind when looking through Krause. I always forget to check India with these image
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm