Home Sports Talk
Options

Eagles and Bucs look great.

Nice games by both teams.
Indy still looks very nice too.

It was nice to see the Eagles develop Westbrook more.
Donovan was on fire.

We also saw the old Bucs defense. They just own Vick.

Can Indy really outscore the great defenses in the east ?
I think they can.

Comments

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Westbrook has a few great games every year and then falls off the face of the earth. I can assure you that the
    one game the Eagles will actually need him to step up he won't. Running up and down on the Packers is
    NOT a huge feat. More impressive today was the Philly D. We all know that McNad can throw it and TO
    can catch it, but the D came to play today.

Speaking of the Bucs, has anyone in football had a tougher two game streak than the Bucs? Atlanta one
    week and then San Diego the next? This is how you get ready for playoffs!

Indy is just plain scarry. I think if they rematched NE at NE they would win, and I know they would win if they
    played them at home (which they probably won't). NE had the way easier schedule and we saw what happened
    when they played a real team.

Phillies candy *ss schedule will catch up with them!

bucs keep rolling!

JS
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    The bucs beat the falcons - BIG DEAL.

I would love to see the bucs in the playoffs.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    hahahahahah...no you wouldn't!^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    lol
    Real recognize REAL
  • Options
    Buc's don't want no part of the Viking's at the metrodome, cause' thats where they'd play if Buc's squeaked into the playoffs. I'd love to see it.
    Culpepper to ?, only God knows at this point!
  • Options
    So would I! Bears just had their way with the Vikes!
    I didn't see moss show up on this day did I?
    Real recognize REAL
  • Options
    Culpepper to Moss = TOUCHDOWN Baby!!!!

are the Vikings doing anything?
  • Options
    1420- You'll find out soon enough if the viking's are doing anything!
    Culpepper to ?, only God knows at this point!
  • Options
    1420- You'll find out soon enough if the viking's are doing anything!

Maybe I will see Culpepper on the links during playoff time ... and Tice as his caddy
  • Options
    The bucs would competly shut down the Vikes, they are just too soft. Im guessing we would score about
    28 on them. We would take moss out just like we did TO a few years back and then what?

Actually the Eagles MIGHT score on us this year if we played, unlike the past when they didn't even
    sniff the endzone..Im sure TO would run by someone late in the 4th quarter in garbage time after the
    bucs had the game in hand. It is clear by our past that we are very at home in Philly..actually we own
    the place and philly fan knows it. I think the only think a few weeks ago that Philly fan was scared of
    was the ATL and now after this week they are praying that the bucs don't get in.

Funny thing is that if Minny get to the playoffs which is still a big if, winning their division an d getting
    the 3 seed, they would play the #6 seed.....bucs....

That would be fun!

JS
  • Options
    For those of you who do not know Joe, he is a Philly fan. He will soon bleed green.

The only team that can beat the Eagles is the Eagles themselves.

Scared of Atlanta? Nahhh

Praying that Tampa Bay comes here in January? Yessirreebob.
  • Options
    The last taste the Eagles got of the bucs was a monday night 17-0 butt kicking in front of all of
    America. I don't have any doubt that the same would happen this year. Our defense knows how
    to talk out runners like McNad. When McNad is on the run and pressured the team does not function. We
    saw that with Pitt. TO is useless when McNad is running for his life. Does anyone actually think McNad is
    a better runner than Vick? We own Vick, and we own McNad

JS
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    LOL 5-7 team! owns nobody. dallas wins tonite they 5-7 and own nobody. tampa goes into san diego next week. then carolina again. 7-9 finish. panthers will finish 8-8 and back door in thats my prediction. Id love to see my cowboys go but i think the panthers are the team getting hot now. bucs are 2-2 in last 4 so they arent hot!
  • Options
    Js, as usual you are full of BS when it comes to the Patriots. How did Manning do last year in the playoffs?
    In all honesty, who do you think can come up here in January and win???
    1 loss in 28 games is nothing to sneeze at. When they win their 3rd superbowl in 4 years maybe
    you'll admit they are the best. Nah, you never will but then again, WHO CARES WHAT YOU THINK!
    give me liberty or give me death
    my hotelsimage
  • Options
    Ambluce,

Good point. The thing that is driving Tony Dunge
    nuts is the thought of going to Pitt or NE when the
    temperature is -10 wind chill and Peyton Manning can't
    even grip the ball. If that happens, and it turns into
    a run game, then Pittsburgh and New England own Indy.

If the weather is good, and Manning can throw and the
    receivers can run their good disciplined routes, then
    Indy has a good chance this year.
  • Options
    I'm not worried bout pittsburgh. Indy does worry me if the weather is good. But
    Belichek always seems to find the right schemes to win the big ones.
    give me liberty or give me death
    my hotelsimage
  • Options
    zsz....a run game favors pitt??? huh? Ill put my money on Edgerrin over the bus or whomever pitt throws
    out there... Ill also take Indys QB, WR and TE's too. Pitt has a great defense, but you can't shut down
    Wayne, Harrison and Stokley all game long. Indy is as complete a team on offense and their defense is
    improving everyday. This is NOT the same Indy team that showed up in week 1.

As far as the chowders go, we saw what happened when they played one of the AFC elite.

JS

PS I love how everyone is jumping on the Carolina bandwagon now.
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>zsz....a run game favors pitt??? huh? Ill put my money on Edgerrin over the bus or whomever pitt throws
    out there... Ill also take Indys QB, WR and TE's too. Pitt has a great defense, but you can't shut down
    Wayne, Harrison and Stokley all game long. Indy is as complete a team on offense and their defense is
    improving everyday. This is NOT the same Indy team that showed up in week 1.

>>

Indy has a defense?

When did this happen? Seriously, they are BAD on defense...which is unusual for a Dungy led team.

The Colts will never go anywhere until they learn to shut people down, and they are trying to go the Rams route, where they try to win 45-41 every week.

Indy's defense (or complete lack thereof) will be the reason time and again they are denied a chance at a super bowl.

If Peyton had really been about winning, he'd have deferred some of that record-setting contract into the team.
  • Options
    Indy's defense leads the ENTIRE NFL in takeaways which to me is a pretty important stat because anytime you can put the ball in Peytons hands that many more times than the opposition it means trouble for the other team
  • Options
    JS,

Good point about James being a better back then the bus.

A great running game doesn't necessarily mean which back is better.

It also involves great blocking schemes, and a wise quarterback who
    knows when to scramble for yards. Big Ben is showing very mature
    scrambling decisions, and Pittsburgh's blocking schemes are second to
    none. I love to watch their guards pull and nail linebackers four yards
    into the run when the linebacker never saw it coming. After you get
    the 300 lb guard, you get 250-300 lbs of the bus or Duce coming at you.
    It's a long afternoon when that happens. Having said that, watching
    that game Sunday night was a great game for the purist. That was
    unbelievable hitting, blocking, and tackling in this age of poor NFL desire
    and technique.
  • Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    Is there anybody in the NFC besides the Eagles? 5-7 teams are scrambling for play-off spots. The AFC is where all of the real teams play. If the Bills were in the NFC they would be the second best team.