Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

I just enjoyed a rare treat!!

Dinner with Stork!!image Cathy is in Dallas preparing for oral boards on Monday, so I abducted her from her cramming session at her hotel and took her to dinner with my family. She and my wife really hit it off -- as I'd expected -- since they both share a profession in Labor & Delivery. Cathy had to endure the antics of my two kids, but hey, we all have to pay a price. image

She is a very nice lady -- again, as I'd expected -- and we had a pleasant, if all-too-brief time together. I did get to share a couple of my recent treasures with her, but I didn't want to bore my family too much. image I did get to introduce her to that old staple of Texas cuisine, chicken-fried steak. Now she's ready for something more daring, like Tex-Mex. image

It's always nice to be able to meet a fellow boardmember. I just wish it could be more often with more folks.
Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image

Comments

• Options
    AuldFartteAuldFartte Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like it was a great evening, Askari image

Glad you all had a good time image

I know what you mean about meeting other Forum folks. I hardly ever get that chance, and there are so many I would love to meet. Maybe someday.

My OmniCoin Collection
    My BankNoteBank Collection
    Tom, formerly in Albuquerque, NM.
  • Options
    oldshepoldshep Posts: 3,240
    It is a rare treat to meet up with fellow board members. I have had that oppotunity with Spinynorman and had a great time - I wish we could meet others also but distance and work lives always seem to get in the way.
    Glad that you had the experience with Stork.
    Shep
  • Options
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    Wanted: High grade Irish (Republic of Ireland, not Northern Ireland or British) coins, slabbed and unslabbed. Also looking for Proof and Uncirculated Sets
    PM with info.

Auction Sniper For all your sniping needs. Tell them I sent you and I'll get three free snipes!

e-bay ID= 29john29
  • Options

<< <i>Sounds like it was a great evening, Askari image

Glad you all had a good time image

know what you mean about meeting other Forum folks. I hardly ever get that chance, and there are so many I would love to meet. Maybe someday. >>

• Options
    Stork? One of my favourite Darksiders. A rare treat indeed. image
    Dimitri

DPOTD-1
  • Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Askari, Good to hear!

Stork, Welcome to our neck of the woods!

trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Stork and Askari--sounds like a winning combination for a good time.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was great to have a chance to meet Askari and his family-- the dinner out was most appreciated, thank you image!

I wish I could have spent more time as a tourist, I have a feeling there is alot to see (and eat!) in Dallas.

That makes three boardmembers I have met now, and it amuses me to see how different people look in 'real life' as opposed to what my imagination has created.

In any case, it was great to see Askari, and his children were quite well behaved, despite any disclaimers to the contrary. Thank you again for the dinner!!

Cathy

Which part of Texas are you in Trozau?

• Options
    Sounds like a good thing getting to meet board members, Hopefully someday i will get the chance. I myself worked 17 years in Surgery and O.B. as a Anesthesia Tech. Even helped deliver both my girls, Don't miss it though, Hated being on call, setting up epidurals, pitocin pumps, and STAT C-sections, The Dr.s tend to let them lay all day so they could do the office visits, Then at midnight, Declare it a emergency. One thing i did learn for a fact out of all those years, "A Emergency is at the convienence of the physician".image
  • Options

<< <i>She is a very nice lady -- again, as I'd expected -- and we had a pleasant, if all-too-brief time together. >>

I had the opportunity to go coin shopping with her in Tokyo and enjoyed it greatly.
    Roy

• Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    Glad to see you're back home safe and sound, Cathy!! How'd the boards go? Aced them, I'm sure. image
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Which part of Texas are you in Trozau? >>

I'm in a suburb just north of Dallas. Had I known earlier you were in the area, I could have seen you as well. image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)