Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

A Wonderful Package from Greece

I got the most amazing mailer from Greece the other day, even the stamps on it were a treat, but what was inside was better than Christmas!! I bought this beautiful gold coin from Dimitri (syraq) and he send along a surprise!! I just love the Swiss coins, for some reason they speak to me. Thank You Dimitri!!!

Becky

Comments

• Options
    Beautiful coins. I think Swiss coins are very underappreciated. The designs have a subtle elegance.

Steve
  • Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    Lovely indeed, Becky!!! And the "throw-in" was most generous of Dimitri ... but he's that kinda guy. image
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    AuldFartteAuldFartte Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭✭
    Those are beautifil DorkGirl image

My OmniCoin Collection
    My BankNoteBank Collection
    Tom, formerly in Albuquerque, NM.
  • Options
    Dimitri rules. I'll be meeting him this Thursday image
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    Darkhorse, since I can't do it in person, could you give him a big hug from me?imageimage
    Becky
  • Options
    Gorgeous set.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    Darkhorse, since I can't do it in person, could you give him a big hug from me?

I'd love to have a picture of that!image

Both gentlemen mentioned seem to be of the highest standards, generous with their advice, knowledge, and gifts.
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • Options
    Beautiful set, Becky. That 20 Franc is gorgeous.image
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Great Helvetia, Becky!! And no less impressive Swiss proof set.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    phutphut Posts: 1,087
    Nice!!
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Dimitri rules. I'll be meeting him this Thursday image >>

Be careful, I understand Dimitri likes Canadians over steamed rice with red wine.image
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Syracusian One rules! image

Swiss coins do, too- I just got the Dansco Swiss Confederation Type album. Picked up a BU (MS67-ish quality) 1963 Red Cross commem 5-franc from the Dead King (in person), on my recent North Carolina trip.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Those are beautiful, Becky! image Laurent is right on when he says, "Both gentlemen mentioned seem to be of the highest standards, generous with their advice, knowledge, and gifts."

• Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭
    The syraqi has great taste in coins.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    Great coins!!!! Dimitri is a class act !!
    Shep
  • Options

<< <i>Darkhorse, since I can't do it in person, could you give him a big hug from me?

I'd love to have a picture of that!image

Both gentlemen mentioned seem to be of the highest standards, generous with their advice, knowledge, and gifts. >>

You might get your wish laurent, depends on how many shots of Uzo I have *BLECH!*
    As for my high standards and generosity... welll... I try. image
  • Options
    You are all too kind, thank you. image Becky I'm glad you liked it, the coin on top left of the set is a special bimettalic 5 francs ,a one year only issue I think.

Darkhorse, unfortunately more and more problems show up every day with my house. I came back from London thinking that the refurbishment would be over, but instead the place looks like a real building site and I sincerely doubt it will be over by Thursday. It's also partly my fault, as an architect I always spend too much time looking after other people's houses and constructions instead of mine, but now we've had a real unexpected turn of events and half the floor has been removed. Needless to say that all furniture has been moved, which is good cause I was getting fed up with it. People are actually working as I type this, having left me only this connection (and a chair) for the moment.

Thankfully, there's always the other alternative (by the seaside) that I told you about, only there's no cable tv there,- no Simpsons image - nor an internet connection and I fear for your mental health with so many days without any contact with the forum, especially the OF. But I'm sure I'll figure something out by then, perhaps a simple dial up in the other place and the last few days we'll probably be able to move back here. On the plus side, like I've already told you, it's very romantic and it will be just the two of us, my girlfriend will be at least an hour away. image
    Dimitri

DPOTD-1
  • Options
    Sounds okay. As long as I get to see the Acropolis, I've spent months learning about the art there in school. Have to see it in person.

I'll have my laptop with me which has my music and I'll have my DVDs to play on.

Will it be too cold to go swimming?
  • Options
    It depends on what you mean by cold. People are still swimming and skiing, but not me. However , there's also a small lake with warm water just a few minutes walk from there, supposedly therapeutic. About 20+ degrees all year long, but the sea is not that much colder from what my friends tell me.Also,the scenery is magic, I'm not exaggerating,especially this time of the year. It's where the triathlon (swimming, riding and running) took place, for whoever watched the Olympics this summer. The place is called Vouliagmeni, about 25 kms from the center of Athens. Bring your driver's licence with you, it will prove helpful. If you like kung fu, we'll have lots of fun, on Sunday there's an all-day seminar. Also, I hope you like Franz Ferdinand and Madrugada, except your beloved Smiths, cause that's all I hear for the moment.I have to go now, this connection will soon be terminated, the electrician is giving me very angry looks and I need to place a few snipes on some of JamminJ's coins. image

We'll definetely take and post some pictures, that's a promise. Sorry to hijack this thread Becky.

Dimitri

DPOTD-1
  • Options
    My dad just informed me that he and my mom went to Vouliagmeni when they were in Greece in 1998. They said the swimming was good. People are also suggesting I get to an island like Rhodes and to be careful not to get ripped off in Athens.