Home Sports Talk
Options

Philadelphia Eagles - America's Team

stevekstevek Posts: 27,809 ✭✭✭✭✭
Philadelphia Eagles - America’s Team

Remember when the stinkin Dallas Cowboys were referred to as “America’s Team?” For many people, including myself, they were never America’s Team. Well in any event those days are long over. The Philadelphia Eagles are now America’s Team for the following reasons:

1. The Eagles have been to three straight NFC championship games. Soon the Eagles will be winning a Super Bowl and many more to come.

2. Donovan McNabb and Terrell Owens are two of the most popular players in the NFL. Some whining sportswriters don’t like them, but the fact is that their jerseys and other named products are some of the best selling on the market - so that says the fans like them. The other players on the team are also popular, do fantastic community work for charity, and don’t get in trouble with the law.

3. The team is rock solid with many of their best players signed to long term contracts. The Eagles will be a powerhouse for years to come. Terrific salary cap management to sign new players as needed.

4. Best coaching staff in the league. Individually there are some better coaches on other teams - for instance Andy Reid is not the best head coach - not yet anyway. But overall their staff is the best.

5. Finest ownership and management in the league. From Jeff Lurie on down this is a first class organization. And with a beautiful new stadium as well as tremendous new training facilities, etc.

6. Last but not least - The best football fans in the world!!!

Sorry if some Eagles fans might not care for this "America’s Team" designation - and that’s okay. I’m just really enjoying this season so much, and am going to continue to have a good time with it, and am looking forward to a nice parade down Broad Street. As for any Eagles bashers disagreeing with any of the above statements - You will all summarily be reported to the NFL for anti-America’s Team activities and be barred from watching any further NFL games this season and instead be forced to watch men’s beach volleyball.

Comments

• Options
    BugOnTheRugBugOnTheRug Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Philadelphia Eagles - America's Team >>

Philadelphia Eagles - Cracked Bell Team

BOTR

• Options
    You ain't gonna be enjoying this season very much when Favre strolls into town and puts up 42 on "America's team"! I'm actually rooting for you guys this weekend, It don't matter if the Eagles get into the playoffs anyway, cause they'll just choke it all away, so go ahead and Whoop Green Bay so the real deal MN Vike's can reclaim their #1 spot. Now that Moss is back we'll probably be america's team in a couple of weeks, and the Eagles will be "America's biggest loser".image
    Culpepper to ?, only God knows at this point!
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    There's no such thing as 'america's team'.

It's a myth, and just because the media referred to the cowboys as america's team, didn't really mean anything.

Even at their height, I could count on one hand the number of people I knew who were cowgirl fans.
  • Options
    stevek - America's daydreamer.image
    Culpepper to ?, only God knows at this point!
  • Options
    America's team WON Superbowls not just NFC championships.
    Go Cowboys!!!!!!!!!! image
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    americas team won nfc championships and superbowls! what have the eagles won??? my i forgot nothing they choke every year!