Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

When will PCGS start recognizing VAM's?

....anybody know? I have heard that they have "threatened" to do so.

I have two PCGS 1891- CC MS-64 "Spitting Eagle"... I can't stand it that they do not have "Spitting Eagle" on them.image

Comments

• Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    David Hall has said both publicly at Las Vegas 'Trade & Grades' and on the Q & A message board that PCGS will begin attributing the entire Top 100 "soon". image

My guess is that will be in 2005.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    Probably not until the market slows down and they need more submissions.
    morgannut2
  • Options

<< <i>Probably not until the market slows down and they need more submissions. >>

EXACTLY!
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree.

Everything I've been told at PCGS indicates they decided a year ago to finally get on the Top 100 bandwagon. My guess is that since then they've been working on details like who is going to attribute the coins, exactly how are they going to designate them, how much room for names is on the insert tag, coin numbers, Registry Set composition, etc. I'm sure it's been a huge headache just trying to sort out these 'can of worms' details about how VAM attributions are going to work.

If PCGS wanted to do VAM attributions just for the money, they would have done it years ago. If doing attributions to increase submissions was the objective, I doubt they'd ever do them.
    When in doubt, don't.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file