Home Sports Talk
Options

John Gruden goijng to Notre dame

Rumor has it they are going to pursue Gruden for the job. I dont blame him if he takes it! Tampa fans thank him for your one ring! He$$ will freeze over before you ever get a 2nd one!! image

Comments

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    no way...Gruden likes to win, ND is not a winner. Once you get the taste of holding up a Lombardi trophy you
    can't go back. The bucs still have a core of winners, we have gotten killed by injuries two years in a row and yet
    have still stayed with teams all the way. Gruden has done things on offense that I have never seen, things
    that Dungy couldn't of even dreamed of.

Sorry Kuhlmann, the buc nightmare isn't over yet! We will always be better than the cgirls! Philly fan is STILL
    shaking.

JS
  • Options
    no way...Gruden likes to win, ND is not a winner. Once you get the taste of holding up a Lombardi trophy you
    can't go back. The bucs still have a core of winners, we have gotten killed by injuries two years in a row and yet
    have still stayed with teams all the way. Gruden has done things on offense that I have never seen, things
    that Dungy couldn't of even dreamed of.

Sorry Kuhlmann, the buc nightmare isn't over yet! We will always be better than the cgirls! Philly fan is STILL
    shaking.

JS
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    Gruden has done things on offense that I have never seen, thingsthat Dungy couldn't of even dreamed of.image

You are so right I remember the bucs having a QB that had 41 td's by week 11!!!!!

Kevin look at the picture!! you have one and done they call it! cowboys have 5 and climbing! boys always come back on top!
  • Options
    The colts were putting up points way before Dungy. He hasn't built that D at all, they will have to win
    shoot outs in the playoffs. Of course the bucs never had Edgerrin either!

Cowgirls are out, go find a nice place on the couch.

JS

PS..I did pick up Julius this week!
  • Options
    Well,

Notre Dame will be a much better team with Gruden as coach.

Two questions though about Gruden.....

1- Can he recruit ?
    2- Can he get away with his Steve Spurrier like coaching style at Notre Dame.

Oh, speaking of Spurrier and South Carolina. Does anyone have any clue
    as to why he didn't go back to Florida ?
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Joe you crack me up. ND isn't a winner, only Michigan has more wins. When Ara showed up on campus, they had 5 seasons of losing and he turned them around. Holtz managed to do that also. The problem with ND is that they have to decide either to play a second tier schedule, punctuated with teams like the ACC, Big 12, lower echelon Big 10 teams or move into the 21st century and get serious about winning. Kevin White has only one more chance to get it right, if not he will be history.
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    Gruden would be a good fit for ND. As for me, I'm hoping that the Huskies snap up Willingham.
  • Options
    Dave, a funny story if you will. I attended the ND vs Washington game this and had the pleasure of sitting next to a group of Huskie fans from Seattle. One of the guys mentioned that they needed to make a coaching change. I offered him our coach (Willingham) and he chuckled and politely declined. I was surprised to see how many Huskie fans had traveled to the game, they obviously have a good following and the fans were very classy.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't surprise me one bit if he goes to Notre Dame. He can always go back into the pros if it doesn't work out. Maybe joestalin will apply for the vacant coaching job at Tampa Bay.
  • Options
    I sure do miss Don James. He had class and produced top-ten teams, often without top-twenty recruits.
  • Options
    You have to respect ND for playing a decent schedule every year, you can't say that for a lot of teams. I have
    no doubt in my mind that the ACC would KILL the Pac 10 this year if they played each other.

As far as Spurrier and Florida, when Foley called Steve he said we are interested...send us your resume..Steve
    reportedly said "my resume is in your trophy case" and hung up the phone. Steve didn't like to be on a list.

JS
  • Options
    lol! why would gruden want to go to ND!? That school is full of losers! Don't forget the pounding we put on them last season. I think it was the tune of 37-0 or something like that? Aha! In south bend! They can't handle the noles!
    They sure as hell wouldn't want the ACC either!
    They would only win like 3 games!
    Real recognize REAL
  • Options
    Hey Skippy,

ND is a current loser, but a traditional powerhouse.
    You're talking about one of the greatest college football teams ever.

They have lots of rich alumni and a solid backing.

The truth is that there is less "high quality" STUDENT ATHLETES
    available who can not only read and write, but do calculus and
    trig. Some of these other universities will take players who can't.
    Notre Dame has tightened its standards and has suffered for it.

If they keep tightening it, they may end up playing Princeton pretty soon.

If Gruden comes in, he will ask for control of the academic standards and recruiting.
    The question is will he get it.

In other words, you'd never see a Barry Switzer at Notre Dame.
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    zsz - good points.

BTW, do not try to educate Skippy on things - he doesn't understand.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options

<< <i>zsz - good points.

BTW, do not try to educate Skippy on things - he doesn't understand. >>

It would take too many lifetimes to try and I doubt if he would get it, anyway.
  • Options
    Straight from the horse's mouth:

No ND

And from the just-because-it?s-out-there department, Gruden?s rather unequivocal response to the rumor that he is a candidate for the suddenly vacant Notre Dame head coaching job:

?I love Notre Dame. I went to high school there. My dad coached Joe Montana and Vagas Ferguson there. I?m not a candidate for that job. I?ve got the best job in football and I?ve got to work hard to keep it. I wish Notre Dame well, I?ll always be a big fan, but I guarantee I?m no candidate for that job.?
  • Options

<< <i>speaking of Spurrier and South Carolina.
    Does anyone have any clue as to why he didn't go back to Florida ? >>

cause they insulted him by not just
    offering him the job...
    he was the ONLY good thing they Ever had there
    and he was NOT going to just be "one of the candidates"

they screwed up.

imageimage
  • Options
    I'm not a candidate for that job = "Increase the package some more and I'm there."
  • Options
    Wow,

That's too bad for Florida.
    Steve Spurrier is a GREAT college football coach and recruiter.
    The SEC just got tougher.

I would love for Chris Leak to transfer to SC.
    I think that kid has great potential.
  • Options
    Ok, Nice excuse.
    37-0...Guess they should lower the standard a little huh? lol
    Real recognize REAL