Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Cast or struck?

The rims seem to be pretty wide compared to the pictures in the JNDA catalog. (Krause pictures of the first silver Japanese yen - Y#5 are unuseable.)

P.S. The Canadian seller has private feedback.image
Roy

Comments

• Options
    shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭
    That's one of the worst cast counterfeits I've seen in recent months. There are so many decent struck counterfeits out there that the casters must be out of business (but their wares keep showing up later).
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • Options
    bosoxbosox Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of "Private", what does it mean when the seller's old feedback is listed and is positive, but the corresponding item number is listed as "Private"??????

Numismatic author & owner of the Uncommon Cents collections. 2011 Fred Bowman award winner, 2020 J. Douglas Ferguson award winner, & 2022 Paul Fiocca award winner.

http://www.victoriancent.com
  • Options
    It means that they bid in a private auction - one where the names were kept secret to protect the terminally stupid or crooked seller (jmho).
    Cecil
    Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
    'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like it. I also don't like private feedback sellers. I don't like tomatoes either, but that's not really important.

• Options
    shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭
    I don't like tomatoes either, but that's not really important.

Counterfeit tomatoes, or genuine ones?
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • Options
    sumnomsumnom Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭
    Cast, for sure.
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    A piss poor copy!image
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com