Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Toning Experts I bought this and love it, how did it happen?

Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,954 ✭✭✭✭✭
imageimage

These pics tell almost the real colors the real colors are very nice.

thanks tbig

Comments

• Options
    My silly guess is it was at the top of the bag in humid old Nar Leans and a fold in the canvas bag was across the center of the coin where they tied it near the top. But you never know really. Interesting coin.
    morgannut2
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

It looks like it was in a cardboard holder with a tab across the coin where it was covered
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    nankrautnankraut Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭
    DIP that sucker (just kidding)image
    I'm the Proud recipient of a genuine "you suck" award dated 1/24/05. I was accepted into the "Circle of Trust" on 3/9/09.
  • Options
    The obverse of that coin lay or rested on 2 different surfaces - 1 was a strip of something about an inch wide - it lay on the coin (or the coin laid on it) and the chemical reaction on that portion of the coin was less that whatever else lay on the rest of the surface of the coin. My WAG - paper or tape on the coin protected the center portion (hence the 2 parallel diagonal lines) while the rest of the coin lay against a mint bag that at some point got damp. - But that's just a WAG.
    Collecting eye-appealing Proof and MS Indian Head Cents, 1858 Flying Eagle and IHC patterns and beautiful toned coins.

“It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.” Mark Twain
    Newmismatist

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file