Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Darn PCGS and their Finger Prints.

FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
Why did they have to do this ? Son of a gun. image

Just bought this coin because it had the most dramatic finger print I have seen on a slabbed Merc. Great Eye Appeal, huh.

Ken

Comments

• Options
    tsacchtsacch Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
    sounds like your blaming them...........could have been pre-slabbing and not their greasy chicken winged fingers....maybe?
    Family, kids, coins, sports (playing not watching), jet skiing, wakeboarding, Big Air....no one ever got hurt in the air....its the sudden stop that hurts. I hate Hurricane Sandy. I hate FEMA and i hate the blasted insurance companies.
  • Options

<< <i>sounds like your blaming them...........could have been pre-slabbing and not their greasy chicken winged fingers....maybe? >>

Not at all. It looks like some collector with greasy chicken wing fingers got to it first. Tone like that does not appear overnight.

Ken
  • Options
    I kind of like that one, in a twisted sort of way.

What did it grade?

Did you get a discount? image

Ken
  • Options

<< <i>I kind of like that one, in a twisted sort of way.

What did it grade?

Did you get a discount? image >>

Its a 16P that has a grade of 63FB. No discount because it was in the weekly Heritage Internet sale. Actually they put a reserve on the thing so I had to pay a few bucks more than I wanted. The obverse is dark also but it has no finger print. I liked it in a twisted way also. I guess it almost the same as the folks that collect PO-1 stuff. image

Ken
  • Options
    Great Kens think alike! image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file