Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Strong prices in ANR auction

BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
There are several lots (dimes) in the ANR auction currently in progress that interested me. Just placed my proxy bids and outbid on all of them. Oh well, the market will cool at some point. Time to go watch Ken Jennings and his final hurrah on Jeopardy...

Comments

• Options
    michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭
    what where the specific dimes in question?

i think that coins from 1830;s to 1915 that are under one dollar face with exceptional eye appeal biz strike or proof have much upside in this market and especially so the future market as many coins have been left behind so to speak with regards to demand even though they might be really good historical collectable coins
  • Options
    I bid on a number of the dimes as well. I put in what I thought were strong bids, 20% above retail price guides, and got SMOKED on all of them.

By the way, by proxy bid, do you mean internet bidding. I tried to place internet live bids, but my bids couldn't keep up with action. Perhaps my connection was just too slow. Did anyone else try to do live internet bidding?
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    I just put in my maximum bid. I never bid live, as I don't want to be dragged into "auction fever."

Michael - The coins that interested me were the 1801-1804 and 1874-cc dimes.
  • Options
    michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭
    sweet dimes barry

you really need the undervalued 78-cc quarter in unc struck with the cancelled obverse die

totally rare sweet and undervalued SLEEPER AND the last cc quarter minted and also the only cc coin struck with a cancelled obverse die and released into circulation?

wild

michael

• Options
    raysrays Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Eliasberg 1798 Dime (lot 498, PCGS MS-63) brought over $41,000.imageimage
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    only cc coin struck with a cancelled obverse die and released into circulation?

Hate to be a coin geek about it, but all known 1884-CC $10's were struck with a cancelled die. image
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    It's good to be a geek Robert

Tomimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file