Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

ANA Board of Governors

Does anyone know the type of person the ANA is looking for to run for the board of governors? I read that there are several openings, but I don't know what the role entails. I am busy enough, so I don't have a desire to run, but I wonder whether there are any "real" collectors that run, or just the "suits" from the business side of the hobby.
Always took candy from strangers
Didn't wanna get me no trade
Never want to be like papa
Working for the boss every night and day
--"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)

Comments

• Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    Based on what I saw, I'd say a dealer associated with PNG is probably a prototype candidate.
  • Options
    A member of my local coin club is running for a governor's seat. His name is Mike Turinni. He's a hobbiest, educator and a very active member of the numismatic community. He is not a dealer. In my opinion, he would be an excellent person to represent the "little guy".
    Bill
  • Options
    DHeathDHeath Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭
    Will Rossman posts here occasionally from the ANA board, and is a nice guy. He posts here under Griffin6 if memory serves, or could be reached at peakcoins.com.
    Developing theory is what we are meant to do as academic researchers
    and it sets us apart from practitioners and consultants. Gregor
  • Options
    SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭
    The key to running is getting your name on the official ballot. To do that you need the written signatures of five ANA members AND five ANA coin clubs. Getting approval from five clubs is the hard part. Name recognition is also a key because most members who vote (less than 20% of membership I think) tend to vote for "names" they recognize. So, if you are REALLY interested in this, you really need to work on it over a period of time. (ie) a few years. Good luck. Steveimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file