Home Sports Talk

Hey Joe - about that "crappy" Eagles defense ...

Eagles have the NFL's stingiest defense

And save your nostalgic taunts for those who care about what happened 2 years ago image

Comments

• 1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    This is the Eagles year Robert.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the best Eagles team in years if not ever, they should take the NFC title this time but I do not see them getting past My Patriots in the Super Bowl. image
  • joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    how hard is it to hold the Cowgirls and Redskins to a few points? Again your weak schedule helps you here!
    Green Bay and St Louis should be good tests for your D, if you can styme them you are set.....

set for diappointment of course!

LOL

JS
    The Redskins beat Tampa, so you tell me ...
  • this is the eagles year! LOL...so was last year..and the year before...and the...well you get the point! LOL
    they now think because they have a guy who signs footballs in the endzone that they are on their way! NEWSFLASH...Mcnabb still sucks and WILL choke like he always does.
    Real recognize REAL
  • Favre is on a rampage, Eagles get beat this sunday and there ain't a dang thing they can do about it. I hate the Packers and hope they lose, but thats the way I see things going this week!
    Culpepper to ?, only God knows at this point!
  • If Martz wasn't such an aggressive idiot, the Rams would have been much closer to handing the Pack yet another Lambeau loss on Monday. Favre is playing well, but no Ahman Green and a suspect passing D means:

Eagles 31
    Packers 17
    who needs Ahman Green when your back up is running for 150? Davenport is better than anything the
    Eagles push out there! Green Bay has a soft D so the Eagles should put up some good numbers. Wouldn't
    it suck if one of your good players got hurt? Then were are you?

JS
  • Joestalin,

Hey, take it easy on Ahman Green. Do you know he was the SECOND best
    back in the backfield when Nebraska destroyed Peyton Manning and Tennessee
    to share the national championship with Michigan and Brian Griese. Sadly, the guy
    who was better then him never panned out to be much because of emotional difficulties.

Skip,

I have to agree with you here. I don't think Donovan McNabb will ever take
    a team to a super bowl victory. He is the most immature quarterback I have
    ever seen. Not emotionally of course, but game sense. He just doesn't read
    the plays the way the great quarterbacks do. His audibles are pop warner type,
    and his decision making has been VERY QUESTIONABLE throughout his career.

If the Eagles win the super bowl, and I would put 10-1 odds on it, then it
    won't be because of McNabb.

They should try to develop Westbrook more in my opinion.
    If the Eagles win the super bowl, and I would put 10-1 odds on it

Vegas has it at 8-5 .... so I guess you must be a lot smarter than them.

Your statements are rather absurd concerning McNabb. He has always lacked a receiving corp and the Eagles faithful have always known it. Owens comes into play, and all of a sudden McNabb has a 130 rating.

He is innaccurate at times, but until now I have never heard his decision making has been VERY QUESTIONABLE throughout his career

His audibles are pop warner type,

huh?

They should try to develop Westbrook more in my opinion.

If you mean use him more than I disagree. Westbrook is a change of pace runner who does a very nice job. His "touches" are the right mix of run and pass, and his abscence last year vs. Carolina hurt the Eagles more than the sorry receiving corp.

Pinkston is developing a swagger BTW, and he is the one to look out for here on out.

DID THE WASHINGTON REDSKINS BEAT THE BUCS? --- ANSWER THAT JOE/SKIP ...........

I only think Vegas is offering 8-5 odds because they know they can take
    people's money at that line.

Donovan's QB rating is very high this year. He is probably having the best
    year of his career, something I should have said in my previous post.
    Thanks for pointing that out.

Still, some guys are winners, and some guys aren't.
    I just put Donovan in the "aren't" category.

Having said that, I think he's a great person who does
    great things for the community, but on these boards it looks
    like only W's matter.

Donovan is really the only quarterback in the NFL who
    can have a guy WIDE OPEN in a five yard swing pattern
    and throw the ball right into the dirt.
    If it was 10-1, like you are offering, they would be getting a LOT more action on it.

10-1 odds are BETTER odds than 8-5
    Is Manning a winner? Is Culpepper a winner? How bout Brad Johnson? Dilfer?

McNabb is one of the WINNINGEST QB's in the NFL. He wins in the playoffs, and the EAGLES lose in the title games. McNabb throws balls in the dirt sure, but also had receivers drop em when they placed perfectly, and had a corp that could not get open or were manhandled by Carolina and Tampa DB's.

Tom Brady is a winner. He also has a good, solid group of TOUGH wideouts. I watched Givens push Manning to the ground two weeks after Pinkston was treated like a bee-otch.

McNabb does not have the best touch or accuracy, but he is one of the best.
  • Bradshaw had Franco and Rocky.
    Staubach had Tony Dorsett.
    Aikmann had Emmitt.
    Griese had Csonka and Kiick.
    Even Jaworski had Montgomery.

Defenses usually win super bowls, but
    a good quarterback needs even a better running game.

Peyton Manning has a good runner and a bad defense.
    Pittsburgh has the whole package, but has injuries and inexperience.
    New England has a decent package.

Green Bay has the run, the pass, and limited defense.
    Philadelphia has the defense, but NEEDS TO DEVELOP a solid running attack to win the super bowl.
    This is why they play the games.

When the Eagles win this year - and they will - this will be the feather in the cap of one of the top TWO teams in the NFL the past five seasons. This is the cap era, and the Eagles still win.

When the Eagles win this year, Stalin will be an Eagle fan.

Book it.
  • kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    Eagles will not win the superbowl. They wont even get there. They will get beat this week. and that will be 2 playoff teams that beat them. They will start questioning themselves as maybe we arent that good just a weak conference.

How are they going to stop Vick duckett and dunn running. This is the year Vick goes to the show. next year is Cowboys year after year again. Eagles enjoy your last stay at the top of the nfc east.
    Okay kuhlman, I do not know if this is still just good ole smack talk or just plain stupidity/guessing ....

First off, how are the Cowboys going to win the east next year? They do not have the position players, and they need a lot more than a QB. Yes, they need a QB to win, as Henson will not be the answer so quickly.

Vick, Dunn, and Duckett? They may be 9-2, but these guys rarely BEAT an opponent. They barely beat the Giants, won 6-3 vs Arizona, and needed a last minute play to beat the Saints. Isn't their coach gonna get fired?

Oh, they did get blown out by KC ... it was one of the Chiefs only wins.

Vick is the type of QB the Eagles blitx will eat up - which is part of the reason why teams will run on the Eagles. Did you ever notice the other team rarely scores on the Eagles?

Other teams do not score on the Eagles.

Kuhlman and Kobecollector and Lucy Bop and other cowboy fans never accepted my bet at the beginning of the season. The Cowboys will not win eight games, so it is a good thing they didn't.

The Packers will not beat the Eagles. They are not as good. The Eagles have blown out every single NFC opponent this year and that will not end this week
  • aconteaconte Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭
    I believe anything can happen this year and next, BUT there is ZERO chance the Boys win the East.

ZERO!!!

Sorry about the bad news. My advice would be to continue to smoke whatever it is you are smoking
    to make you think the Boys can do this next year. It should ease the pain. The best hope is for the Tuna
    to quit. There is no QB. Julius Jones is average at best and very injury prone. The defense stinks.
    Special teams bad. The best wide out got hurt. The second best is overrated. Picks are wasted on guys
    like Antonio Bryant - thank you by the way for taking him... the Eagles might of otherwise.

The only stud player on that team is Jason Witten!

aconte
    zsz..great point, it really shows just how great Marino was. I often wonder how great he would of been
    with an Emmitt Smith or a Terrell Davis on this team. He had little to no help around him and he wasn't a
    runner like a lot of these guys today, he just knew how to win games and his many of his passing records
    will stand a long time.

What would Marino do in his prime, lets say 1987, with Harrison, Wayne, Stokley, Dallas Clark, and Edgerrin?
    Probably much better than Manning.

I agree, McNad is NOT a super bowl QB. As far as 8-5 odds, who is getting the other 3/8th of the odds? I can't
    believe that between Pitt and NE, Vegas is picking Philly to win 5 out of 8 times.....thats crazy and we all know
    that Philly would choke against those teams if they got that far and that is assuming that they don't choke
    before they get that far!

JS
    As far as 8-5 odds, who is getting the other 3/8th of the odds? I

Huh? image
  • kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    1420 smack or not. Who have the eagles beat?? they struggled vs the vikings culpepper fumbled ball away. the rest of your competition i believe is under 500. steelers whipped you so bad it was funny.

aconte remember dallas had # 1 defense last year take away darren woodson this year bc of injury a 12 time pro bowler is the reason all went to sh$t. cutting quincy was a dumb move. think im happy with vinny. no but julius jones showed he can run. yes hes often injured but name a couple that arent besides emmitt and curtis maritn. its football people get hurt this is not baseball.

as far as vick and company. once they start to put people away forget about it. eagles competition has been so bad they are gonna get awake up call, YES I KNOW DALLAS S@CKS THIS YEAR DOESNT TAKE AN IDIOT TO SEE THAT. IM JUST TALKING UP THE SMACK ON THAT.
    but relize this GIANTS REDSKINS ALSO S@CK THIS YEAR. LIONS ANOTHER TEAM YOU BEAT, BOYS BEAT THEM. BEARS BOYS BEAT THEM ALSO. CLEVELAND WOW ANOTHER TUFF TEAM THAT THE BOYS BEAT!! PANTHERS WOW ANOTHER 4-7 TEAM, RAVENS WITHOUT JAMAL LEWIS 15-10! GUYS GIVE ME A BREAK ONE TEAM THE STEELERS YOU PLAYED CRUSHED YOU.
    THE REST OF YOUR SCHEDULE BESIDES THE PACKERS IS A JOKE. BOYS RAMS BENGALS AND SKINS! WOW IM IMPRESSED!
    LIKE IT OR NOT NO WAY THEY WIN THIS YEAR BEST TEAMS ARE IN AFC AND IT WILL SHOW SUPERBOWL SUNDAY.

And 1420 yes falcons whipped by cheifs, then next week went into denver and whooped them that was impressive against a playoff team oin the road. dont give me well eagles did same against dallas. plus you guys got that gift fumble call which would of changed the tempo of that game!
  • The NFC really does not have a complete team this year.

The "fun" league to watch this year is the AFC.

Pittsburgh and NE have the most complete package.
    They also will probably have the home field and bad
    weather advantage come January. That is a HUGE help.

I still think Indy can get over the hump with a few breaks.
    Their offense matches the Broncos with Elway, Davis, and that
    white guy white receiver who never dropped a single ball thrown at him.
    Sorry, but I forget his name, but he was very Collingsworth like.

Green Bay is in no way a "fair" representation of what Philly could
    expect to see in the Super Bowl.
    I think the only interesting thing will be how the Philly defense does against them.

If Philadelphia lets up over 24 points against Green Bay (and God knows they
    may score 40 against GB's poor defense), then I would be a concerned Philly fan.

• << <i>Wouldn't it suck if one of your good players got hurt? Then were are you? >>

You mean like when McNabb broke his ankle in 2002 and the Eagles still went 5-1, mostly starting their 3rd string QB?

Or you mean like when your starting QB is out for the season, and your starting RB misses 4+ games, yet you're still 10-1 [see 2004 Steelers].

In the NFL, teams win you games - that's one of the main reasons it's by far the #1 sport in America now.
    as far as vick and company. once they start to put people away forget about it. eagles competition has been so bad they are gonna get awake up call, YES I KNOW DALLAS S@CKS THIS YEAR DOESNT TAKE AN IDIOT TO SEE THAT. IM JUST TALKING UP THE SMACK ON THAT.
    but relize this GIANTS REDSKINS ALSO S@CK THIS YEAR. LIONS ANOTHER TEAM YOU BEAT, BOYS BEAT THEM. BEARS BOYS BEAT THEM ALSO. CLEVELAND WOW ANOTHER TUFF TEAM THAT THE BOYS BEAT!! PANTHERS WOW ANOTHER 4-7 TEAM, RAVENS WITHOUT JAMAL LEWIS 15-10! GUYS GIVE ME A BREAK ONE TEAM THE STEELERS YOU PLAYED CRUSHED YOU.
    THE REST OF YOUR SCHEDULE BESIDES THE PACKERS IS A JOKE. BOYS RAMS BENGALS AND SKINS! WOW IM IMPRESSED!
    LIKE IT OR NOT NO WAY THEY WIN THIS YEAR BEST TEAMS ARE IN AFC AND IT WILL SHOW SUPERBOWL SUNDAY.

And 1420 yes falcons whipped by cheifs, then next week went into denver and whooped them that was impressive against a playoff team oin the road. dont give me well eagles did same against dallas. plus you guys got that gift fumble call which would of changed the tempo of that game!

blah blah blah