Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Ebay seller with superglue

Does adding superglue to a coin add any value? This auction on Ebay shows the porcelain coin below Link Does the seller really believe that the coin is worth $10 + $5 shipping for a damaged glued together coin? What do you think? image

Comments

• Options
    It matters if the BUYER thinks its worth it. The shipping is a bit high so I'd imagine the starting bid is too.
    Brad Swain

World Coin & PM Collector
    My Coin Info Pages <> My All Experts Profile
  • Options
    This coin is NOT all what it is cracked up to be............ imageimage
  • Options
    MSD61MSD61 Posts: 3,382

<< <i>This coin is NOT all what it is cracked up to be............ imageimage >>

• Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    Rather like plugging a hole in a coin.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    You'd have to be on crack to buy that coin!image
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    You'd have to be on crack to buy that coin!

imageimageimage
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    danglendanglen Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭
    I went into a coin shop in Buenos Aires and the prices they wanted were exceedingly higher than anything I was used to in the US. So the price he is asking for doesn't surprise me image
    danglen

My Website

"Everything I have is for sale except for my wife and my dog....and I'm not sure about one of them."
  • Options
    I don't follow the ceramic notgeld but usually when I see them they are going for $25 and up for commons. Is it possible this is a better piece? And what would it be worth left broken in pieces? I think his shipping is a little too high but his starting bid might be OK. (Although I also think it would be a good ending bid level as well, unless this is a rare piece.)

On second thought the shipping probably isn't excessive. It is being shipped from Argentina. And it isn't a auction but a BIN. So it is $10 or more less than what it would cost from a local, knowledgeable dealer. Is it wrth it? I think possibly depending on the rariety of the piece.
  • Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    No, it's not worth it. Once no longer intact their value drops swiftly.
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image