Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

beatle cards

my latest ebay buy......around 2.33 per card w/ a wrapper thrown in.

im hoping for ex/mntimage
Good for you.

Comments

• Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    Steve - I love those Beatles color cards. 20 years ago I used to go to card shows and buy one Beatles color card for my girlfriend. Each one cost a dollar. Prices haven't gone up a whole lot, but supply certainly has dwindled for nice condition cards. I lucked out a couple years ago and bought a small stack from a college kid on eBay and they arrived looking brand new!!

Are you going to build a set? I have some that are tradable; get back to me when you receive the cards.

BTW - $2.33 per card is a good price; nice condition singles go for 5-10 dollars each.

Good luck!
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    i did get the set...62 cards and wrapper for 140.00
    and if they come at ex/mnt or better ill be very happy

same guy sold the photo set 7 days previous for BIN of 75.00 it went in 20 minutes lol

that buyer left feedback and said cards were great.
    I know it is more fun to build sets brick by brick but at the same time the money saved buying complete can be used in grading fees.
    Good for you.
  • Options
    That's a great purchase. You done real good, Steve. I'd love to hear how it looks when you get it.
    BTW, was that a typo? I believe the set is complete at 64. Even if you're short two cards, I don't know of any scarcities in that set. Let me know what numbers you're missing (if any) and I'll see what I've got.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

• Options
    and they arrived looking brand new!!

aint that great! 40 year old cards looking like they were bought yesterday is a nice sight.

im assuming the seller is missing cards 63 and 64 he shows 62 cards in his scan.
    Good for you.
  • Options
    You got them already - and they're perfect???!!!
    I'm so-o-o- jealous....I remember something Dirty Harry told me when I posted a Clemente rookie I "stole" off eBay:
    "Go to hell...that's all I can say right now, I'm that jealous - just go to hell!"
    Mark (amerbbcards)

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steve

your friend
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Great cards!

Anyone else remember watching them on the Ed Sullivan show? JEEZ..40+ years!!

Skip
    I'll take the cards & flowers when I'm living and the BS when I'm dead!

ANGEL OF HOPE

Skip
    TUSTIN CA
  • Options
    nooooooo i was repeating what u said mark, how it is great to get nice looking 40 yr old cards in the mail.....
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Steve,

Was the set 2 cards short or were they just omitted from the scans?

If short, I might be able to help also, if Mark cant.
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    I saw the Ed Sullivan show as a lad....hundreds of teenie bopper girls screeching and crying in the audience!!! Crying!!! What the heck??

Win - as I look at my 21 Beatle cards - go to hell. Just the outskirts, of course, not the real hot part.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    hey steve,

just won an auction the other day for the complete set of 16 minature beatle albums. still sealed and unopened.

i`ve already had 2 emails ( thru ebay ) wanting to know if i wanted to sell them. geez, i had not even paid for them yet !!

they were oddball items,,,,,, so you know i had to get them !!

here`s auction PAGE

will post better scans when i get them.

your friend, lee
  • Options
    same guy i got my set from. i saw those albums, nice item. i won another topps president set last night. im gonna go over the 2 sets and pick the best one. got this set on the cheap 90.00.

steve.
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Steve - that was you? I pulled my snipe in the last hour and decided to concentrate on a group of 29 that I won today. I liked the description of today's lot better than the complete set, but who knows? It'll be fun to compare what you won yesterday to what I won today. Congrats - you oughta come up with a pretty nice by pulling the best of both.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

• Options
    Beatle set is in (64 cards and wrapper) guy had 63 and 64 where 61 and 62 belonged. cards are nice.........some 6 some 7 some 8 all have clean backs and centering is above average for a complete set. im pleased

Good for you.
  • Options
    Im glad they all came it safe and sound Steve. Its always reassuring when your purchases meet their expectations.

There are 3 different Beatle sets on the registry right now and I saw the Diary set on the list of set requests.

Cant have enough Beatle cards around !!!
  • Options
    Speaking of Beatle cards........

Whats wrong with this picture? image (Aside from a crease that I cant imagine how I didnt see before submission.)

• Options
    wow a 1930's beatle card,they must have gotten their lennons mixed up.
  • Options
    Yeah, just a simple "mechanical error". I was more disappointed by the crease. Its the only time I have ever missed one like that. It was so obvious on the front that I cant imagine how it happened. Oh well.

Interestingly, because its mislabled, there is a section under the 1934 non-sports population report for it.
  • Options

<< <i>Yeah, just a simple "mechanical error". I was more disappointed by the crease. Its the only time I have ever missed one like that. It was so obvious on the front that I cant imagine how it happened. Oh well.

Interestingly, because its mislabled, there is a section under the 1934 non-sports population report for it. >>

Those slippery little creases!!image

As soon as you send it back to have the mechanical error fixed, the pop report will be fixed as well.
    Mark (amerbbcards)