Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Update: Contest Added - I will trade or sell a 1883-CC GSA Morgan

I've got an 1883-CC GSA Morgan marked as Silver Dollar (not Uncirculated Silver Dollar) with colorful (yellow, maroon) Crescent toning on the obverse. I'd grade it a MS62. It's got it's original box and papers. I'm not very interested in toned coins, already have an 1883-CC, and want a PCGS 1884-CC for my registry. If you've got a slabbed 84-CC to trade let me know. I'd like to get a better grade white coin for my GSA toner.

12/3/04 Added an angle shot to show the color and hits better.

imageimage
Successful transactions with: goldman86, dmarks, CoinFame, segoja, commoncents05, wondercoin, Dabigkahuna, Levinll, RNCHSN, MrOrganic, Type2, ModernCoinMart, alohagary, BECOKA, guitarwes, rbf, fishteeth, freechance, agentjim007, PQPeace, Russ, GSAGuy

Comments

• Options
    TTT
    Successful transactions with: goldman86, dmarks, CoinFame, segoja, commoncents05, wondercoin, Dabigkahuna, Levinll, RNCHSN, MrOrganic, Type2, ModernCoinMart, alohagary, BECOKA, guitarwes, rbf, fishteeth, freechance, agentjim007, PQPeace, Russ, GSAGuy
  • Options
    BothuwuiBothuwui Posts: 484 ✭✭
    Here's a pic of the front. The reverse is cleaner. I grade it a 62 based on the front. The angle makes the friction on the cheek look worse than it is. I couldn't capture the color well either. In hand, she looks like she's blonde, with a hint of magenta toward the rim. Will trade or sell.

• Options
    BothuwuiBothuwui Posts: 484 ✭✭
    I'd appreciate any comments on this coin, don't be afraid of insulting me. What do you think it would grade? What do you think it's worth? What's the best method to sell it? What can I do to get a better pic? This is my first foray into selling, and I'd like to learn as much as I can.

A little info on the coin: I thought I needed an 83-CC and didn't (needed the 84-CC). I paid $175 which I thought was a pretty good price for the fact it was a GSA and had attractive toning.

I'll send a '82 Commem Washington Half to whoever leaves me the most informative response (in my opinion).
  • Options
    RGTRGT Posts: 508 ✭✭
    First, let me state that I'm no expert at grading Morgans. I only own two in MS and one of them happens to be an 84-CC. Your coin looks pretty nice from the pic and I think it would grade better than MS62. If it were mine, I would send it in the GSA holder to NGC. Then you should have an easier time selling it or trading it for an 84-CC.

I seem to recall someone saying that many of the toned GSA Morgans didn't get called "uncirculated" because the toning was considered damage. image
  • Options
    ddbirdddbird Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭
    Hey...Looks pretty good...I think its a weak strike but pretty mark free. I think it would go MS63. I would pay about $225 for it, if I had the funds. I have bought less attractive pieces for a little more in the past. Best way to sell it, try here, then move it to ebay. Make sure you add GSA and toning to your title, and you should do pretty well. For better photos, try photographing the coin at 45 degrees and adjust your lighting, but the picture looks pretty good. Im not sure why the GSA is not marked uncirculated though, it seems to be as nice as some of mine. Best advice for a new seller is, dont rape people with shipping, but dont let them take advantage of you. Nice score for the $175 you paid for. Also, move your picture to your first post, some might click and run if they dont see a picture.

Good luck

TTT image
  • Options
    Jim,

Nice coin. I would think that it is in the MS63 range. You should be able to move it for $215 or maybe more, since it is a GSA. The note about the GSA not giving the UNC. for toned coins is, I believe, accurate. As an alternative, you should be able to trade this coin at a local show for the 84CC that you are looking for.image
    Gary