Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

How bout some pix of the people behind the coins ?

Comments

• Options
    Me at a halloween party 2 years ago at ISU

• Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,707 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a couple reasons why I keep riding image

After riding 65 miles with this on my arm:

Why I had that on my arm:

• Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    Here's TrainNut:

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    me, in Roanoke VA, on our annual golfing trip (taken a couple of years ago).

"Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    dsessomdsessom Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

My wife Candy and I last Thanksgiving.
  • Options
    DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭
    Mom, just headin into town to wet my whistle, be back before sundown!
    “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC
  • Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delorean, that is one cleeeeean lookin' Delorean.

• Options
    Here I am back in '98 near Ceduna, South Australia. I look pretty much the same now.
  • Options
    YELLOWSTONE FISH KILLERimage
    SPEED OF LIGHTNING....ROAR OF THUNDER.

SEMPER FI 2/11 1977-1981
    "LAS PULGAS" image
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image This is me kicking back one day....
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    youniqueyounique Posts: 882 ✭✭✭
    Nice thread getting to know you, but what's up with all the red x- boxes?
  • Options
    adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭
    If it weren't for this thread, i'd never have found the evidence of who egged Becoka's house a few weeks back.

This thread is a valuable resource!

• Options
    StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭

Here I am, along with my lovely wife Dale ...

Mike

• Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    I am the invisible bear.

To see my face, one must look

on the wall of your local post office.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    InYHWHWeTrustInYHWHWeTrust Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭

before the grand computer upgrade when I still had some muscle and hair image
    Do your best to avoid circular arguments, as it will help you reason better, because better reasoning is often a result of avoiding circular arguments.
  • Options
    DropdaflagDropdaflag Posts: 786 ✭✭✭✭
    I've been known to peek from behind the coin every now and then.

• Options
    ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If it weren't for this thread, i'd never have found the evidence of who egged Becoka's house a few weeks back.

This thread is a valuable resource! >>

ROFLMAO
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08
  • Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>image

before the grand computer upgrade when I still had some muscle and hair image >>

That can't be you !!!

You look like "Pat" from Saturday Night Live
    a few years ago.

I have your old images - FYI - and also
    noticed you put one of the old images up
    on your most recent eBay auction [ congrats BTW ]
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    atarianatarian Posts: 3,116

<< <i>

<< <i>image

before the grand computer upgrade when I still had some muscle and hair image >>

That can't be you !!!

You look like "Pat" from Saturday Night Live
    a few years ago.

I have your old images - FYI - and also
    noticed you put one of the old images up
    on your most recent eBay auction [ congrats BTW ] >>

That almost looks like a Dell Prosystem 3000 computer but the screen and keyboard lends me to think its an IBM more than a Dell. IBM 5500 series?
    Founder of the NDCCA. *WAM Count : 025. *NDCCA Database Count : 2,610. *You suck 6/24/10. <3 In memory of Tiggar 5/21/1994 - 5/28/2010 <3
  • Options
    sebrownsebrown Posts: 424
    For you weapons guys (and gals) out there......My work takes me back and forth into Iraq (where I am now) and Afghanistan where I work as a DA (Dept of the Army) civilian instructing Soldiers on a weapon system simply known as "CROWS". It's a remotely operated weapon station that allows the gunner to fire various weapon types from inside an armor-protected vehicle. Nothing in the images is classified secret/confidential and is easily found by doing an internet search.

Me and my partner, Bill. I'm the younger one on the right. The CROWS is mounted on top of the vehicle.

The CROWS on a training platform with an M2 .50-Cal mounted.

Me loading the M2 .50-Cal at the firing range.

Me firing the system.

Oh yeah....and my summer cottage!
    "In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation [...] Gold stands in the way of this insidious process. It stands as a protector of property rights." - Alan Greenspan
  • Options
    ibzman350ibzman350 Posts: 5,315
    Been a few years since my last pic, to make up for lost time I've added two.

my second favorite position with my buddy Mickey-D..........I don't mean my second favorite position with Mickey-D..............but my second most favorite position.........period!

taken 2 month ago

The boy cleans up well when need be.image

Herb
    Remember it's not how you pick your nose that matters, it's where you put the boogers.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    bump, it's been a while
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,020 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image2007

image1992

• Options
    IGWTIGWT Posts: 4,975
    Joe:

Adrian Zmed:

• Options
    PonyExpress8PonyExpress8 Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭
    Well in the spirit of this thread here I am enjoying a beer in Brussels a couple of years ago. Not much has changed since then.

The End of the Line in the West.

Website-Americana Rare Coin Inc
  • Options
    SunnywoodSunnywood Posts: 2,683
    Performing my own souped-up transcription of Liszt's Mephisto Waltz #1 at Harvard College in 1981 ... this is much more interesting than any current photo I might post ...

• Options
    LoveMyLibertyLoveMyLiberty Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well in the spirit of this thread here I am enjoying a beer in Brussels a couple of years ago. Not much has changed since then.

image >>

Geez, you're still sittin' there in Brussels? Having been there I can understand
    your reluctance to leave! Beer & mussels, mussels & beer.

My Type Set

R.I.P. Bear image
  • Options
    FletcherFletcher Posts: 3,294
    This thread still gives me nightmares image
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is a bobsled ride to he77 so I'm in.............image

Sunnywood that is AWESOME.........

Mexico three on three tourney. White men can jump ----well not as high as I used tooimage

My son (mini me) and me.......MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    Me- black shirt drinking beer in the crappiest bar in the crappiest town in Mexico

• Options
    FletcherFletcher Posts: 3,294

<< <i>Mexico three on three tourney. White men can jump ----well not as high as I used tooimage
    image >>

Looks like Club Med Cancun ...
  • Options
    wow! You would be correct sir!! MJ
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    LotsoLuckLotsoLuck Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭
    This has always been one of my favorite threads, why? you get a chance to see a pic of the person(s) you talk with and about. It adds more I think.
  • Options
    Hi All,

This was really superb! Looked at all 600+ posts. I had forgotten so many people starting with Xpipe and The Liberator and so many more. I didn't remember how much I used to post in here in 2004 and so on, and the fun it was. So many people, some not here, some gone...I was hitched then, single now, but good memories all. So nostalgic. Many names, faces and pics I remember. Thanks for bringing this thread back!!! I gotta post a pic of me now image

Eric
  • Options
    Here's me. The shot with the cell phone was before a wedding. I was the MC, so the glasses were just for fun. The one with the FU Manchu was just for fun also, but was part of a semi serious photo shoot after shaving off the Playoff beard.
    www.canadiancoppercoins.com

@Largecents on twitter
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont think I've ever posted on this thread before and I'm too lazy to try searching so here you go:

From left to right this is "ajia," me (illini420), "TrainNut" and "claychaser" just outside of the last Long Beach coin show image
  • Options
    Hi All,

Here you go - me last July 30 on the stern of the Queen Mary 2 for a private party for an author friend 80th b'day. The food in the Todd English was incredible! Blood orange salad was killer. I had just turned 40. Not the best pic of me - 100 degree blazing sun and many gin & tonics and much Veuve Clicquot. I hate that shirt - wanted an Ainsley collar but find one in my size that is fitted...I weigh 122# so not easy. The pin on my lapel in a pre-WW1 celluloid deck game winners souvenir from the R.M.S. Mauretania, the ship I research and write about, but it could have been given out on the Lusitania or Aquitania. I wore it because the author loves her, I love her and this QM2 is the namesake of the QM which was the replacement of the Mauretania. The Mauretania held the Blue Ribband for 22 straight years! If anyone wants to read one of my articles PM me. Lots of new and unpublished info abt the old Mauretania as well as over 20 previously unpublished candids and an interview with a 102 year old lady who watched the Mauretania leave for her trials at North Shields/Tynemouth on October 22, 1907 and more still. A few bugs to be worked out and some typos - but I hope you enjoy it if interested.

Eric 7.30.09 QM2

Oh yeah. Here is the Old Mauretania for anyone interested - the Old Lady of the Atlantic. This is one of my previously unpublished unique candids - just after 2PM on October 22, 1907 at the Swan, Hunter and Wigham Richardson Yards. She is leaving for her delivery trip and formal (third) trials near Skelmorlie. I don't know what its "coin equivalent" would be, but it extremely rare. Took me ten years to find one of any sort published or not, and this was taken from the water!:

• Options
    rld14rld14 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭
    imageimage
    Bear's "Growl of Approval" award 10/09 & 3/10 | "YOU SUCK" - PonyExpress8|"F the doctors!" - homerunhall | I hate my car
  • Options

<< <i>image

Got to love my job. This was at susquehanna, not sure what we were working on. I'm the one trying to figure out why they packed the wrong size of wrench's in the hot box.

And the views can sometimes take your breath away - You will never see a blue as blue as the glow off Nuclear Fuel.

Dan >>

Nice coin toning machine.
  • Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
    Me (in front) in 1975, 17 maybe 18 years old:

Me, my Mom, and Sisters on my Mom's 70th Birthday in 2007:

Me trying to comfort my youngest Grandaughter:

• Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
    Just a month ago:

• Options

Greg Bose
    CoinSpace.com Founder
    www.coinspace.com
  • Options
    If you should see anyone resembling this guy wandering the bourse in a fog on thursday in Orlando, please direct him to a toned coin dealer.image

If he appears rational, please say hello.
  • Options
    WalmannWalmann Posts: 2,806

Peter Pan lessons with the granddaughter.
  • Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,683 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If you should see anyone resembling this guy wandering the bourse in a fog on thursday in Orlando, please direct him to a toned coin dealer.image

If he appears rational, please say hello. >>

and stay away from my tokens and Conders!!!imageimage
  • Options
    Me and my little girl!

BarefootJuan

Positive BST Transactions with a bunch of members

One man gathers what another man spills
  • Options
    renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,567 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>If you should see anyone resembling this guy wandering the bourse in a fog on thursday in Orlando, please direct him to a toned coin dealer.image

If he appears rational, please say hello. >>

I will gladly direct you to the tables where I have already passed image
  • Options
    700image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file