Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1972 football

I am new to the board and noticed there are very few football collectors here. That is a shame. The only sport worth watching and the collectors seem to be far in between. Being from Wisconsin there are football card shows all of the time but I know all of the dealers now and am having a hard time completing this set. I am finishing off my 1972 football in PSA 8 or better. The better depends on the money I have at the time. Anyway, I am looking for PSA 8 commons and stars in the first two series. I have over half of the 3rd series in PSA 8 including the Namath and Spurrier. Let me know if anyone wants to sell or trade.

One other question.

I pulled a Donovan Mcnabb Redemption card.

It is an exchange for 2004 Ultra Season Crowns #'rd out of 25. beckett says high end is $100. Should I sell the redemption card on Ebay or send it in and risk getting a dinged corner and getting less $$$. Or get a smoking mint card to send into PSA. Thoughts?

Thanks

Troy

Comments

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Troy!
    Can't help you....have you tried the Registry and Vintage/trade forum? You will do well there. On the modern....hang on someone will jump in.
    In the meantime, good luck and I hope you enjoy it here.
    your friend
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I am new to the board... football....The only sport worth watching....
    Troy >>

May not have been your best opening move, but welcome, nonetheless.image
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Fleer redemptions can be mighty slow, at least the few I sent in to them were. They came back in fairly good shape though, not much to worry about there. What is so special about this card that you would want to grade it anyway? I would assume it's an auto (not entirely familiar with the set), but McNabb is pretty hot right now. Sell the redemption if you need to sell it right this minute, but I would bet you get less for it than the actual card. On the other hand, the actual card might not be in your hands until after the season is over, which would be a bit tougher sell for you.
  • Options
    RobBobGolfRobBobGolf Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    Troy

Welcome. There are plenty of Football collectors here, just go look at the set registry and see how many football sets there are.
    PM or E-mail me, I just sold the 4th current finest 72 Topps FB set and have about 20 leftover commons in PSA 8. Let me know if interested.

RobBob

RobBobGolf@Comcast.net
    Serving Ice-Custard-Happiness since 2006

• Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies and websites. I will be making some offers on Monday.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i><< I am new to the board... football....The only sport worth watching.... >>

Damn Troy
    That one went right over my head...here is my favorite sport to Watch!

Mike
  • Options
    Welcome to the boards Favrefan. Definitely check out the Registry board. There are many football card collectors and you will get more of a response on set regitry questions on that board. You will also get more feedback and help in growing your set.

As for McNabb redemption, if you are going to keep the card for yourself, redeem it. If you just want to sell, sell it now and let the buyer worry about redeeming it.
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion