Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Expired Collectors Club membership ??

Wonder if any others have run into this type of problem.

While going over some gems for submission via the current "modern" card grading special, I decided to look up a 1978 card ( # 677 ) on the PSA population report on-line, which I have done several times in the past. Anyhow some verbage appeared and informed me I am not a current subscriber for this service.

In person, I got a two year renewal at the National Convention in Chicago which I thought would extend my active status thru the end of this year. I still get SMR in the mail so assumed I was still curent /active and could use the pop. report. I printed out a submission form to use for the special so that led me believe I was all up to date.

While not being absolutely positive of when my membership expires, I tried to get a one year membership via their site. Somehow I could not get my credit card to register, as there was some already existing credt card info in the system for me and would not match to my card. I can't recall ever using a credit card for any PSA service though.

No calls to the toll-free numbers are going thru as it's explained they are not open, today Saturday. which is understandable with the current Holiday. I'll have to have my wife give them a call on Monday to try to get things worked out.

My real concern is this......... Is there any warning of expiration of membership given out ?? Does the SMR post a "Last Issue" warning when you're about done ?? Does PSA send an e-mail or regular postal mail warning ?? Is there a way to check your status / expiration via the on-line site ??

This aint no party,... this aint no disco,.. this aint no fooling around.

Comments

• Each year, I get a renewal notice in the mail a few months before my membership is due to expire. In fact, this year I think I got 2 or 3 of these "reminders".

Are you sure you're using the correct login info for the POP Report? My info changed when I renewed my membership, but I can't explain why yours would. The one thing that may indicate that your membership has not expired is the fact that you were able to get to the online submission form. I don't think you would have been allowed to link to it if your membership was expired.

JEB.
  • jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭
    I remember getting a notice in the mail that my subscription was about to expire soon. The notice did not state the exact date. I think I got 2 notices before it actually expired. SMR did not have anything to indicate a last issue before expiring.
  • jayhawke,

I beat you to it, but you confirmed my recollection of receiving multiple reminders.

JEB.
  • I have also received the "membership expired" notice when trying to access the pop report when my membership was half way done.

Then, a quick phone call to PSA straightened it out.