Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

upgraded my merc set

I just upgraded one of my dimes. I think it gives me a .01 rise in my set. Not a big move but I did up grade one dime one point.
Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

Comments

• Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Cool!

Someone else with action, too!

Congrats!

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    mercurydimeguymercurydimeguy Posts: 4,625 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm plugging along as well:

My last 3 coins bumped me up one (from #14 to #13):

A link to my set - Mercury Dimes FB with Varieties Circulation Strikes (1916-1945)

Tough road ahead to get in to the top ten...although I have a nice 23-S (64FB) coming, two upgrades -- 1923-P 66FB and 1943-P 67FB, and a 30-S in an NGC 66FB (this is a stellar! coin) I sent in to cross-grade to PCGS (keeping my fingers crossed).

Mike.
  • Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭
    Mike,

Just linked onto your set...VERY impressive. Looking forward to seeing your 1921 FB.
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    Traveling on business through the end of the week, but will post when I return this weekend.
  • Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice to see a new member here - nice set Mike - keep it up.

I think you need to know the rules though umm something about giving everyone a dime after any discreet move image I'm sure some of the others here will help you out with exact details so none of us will see you as overly antogonistic or confrontational................. I kinda forgot them rules awhile ago image

Pat, congrats on the .01 is always better than none...any move is cool in my book image

Marc
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marc......Mike should love that, giving us all a dime....image

Mike its good to see you jump in here. A bunch of Great Merc collectors are here. Sure hope you will like the 23P. I think you will...image

Take Care All.

Ken

• Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Opps...forgot as usual...image. Three more are on the way for the meager No Band Set. These are tough to find. I was trying to stay away from the cross over game but just maybe some of the NGC slabbed coins I have may go into PCGS since I cannot find them slabbed in PCGS plastic.

Ken
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    mercurydimeguy,

Welcome to the boards. The Merc collectors are a great group.

<< <i>I think you need to know the rules though umm something about giving everyone a dime after any discreet move >>

Marc, base on your comment, you wouldn't have any dimes left. image

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's all in fun isn't itimage
    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• Options
    Heck, after last month's shopping spree the only thing I can afford to do is break my bank roll of really nice BU keel boat nickels image