Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

OK Guys & Gals, HOW ABOUT A CHRISTMAS SWAP? OFFICIAL PAIRINGS LISTED!!

In the truest sense of the Season, if we are up for a Christmas Swap, let's sign up.Only swappers in good standings may participate. To the best of my knowledge all past issues have been resolved therefore without mentioning any Names, you ALL are more than welcome to take part. I don't remember "Yesterdays"!image

If you are a Member in good standing, by all means, sign up. The ONLY people excluded are Newbies that come out of Nowhere, that no one knows anything about or No one can vouch for! C'mon, let's make this a good one. I'm open for suggestions. How about a $100 minimum, certified coins (NGC/ PCGS ONLY?) Just a thought. I'm listening.

If you would like to discuss, by all means post your questions here. IT'S CHRISTMAS TIME...let's have the BEST Swap EVER!image

Comments

• Options
    LouieLouie Posts: 1,132
    Boom, sign me up. Didn't have too much success with my last attempt at a swap but maybe it was too short a notice. Anyway, I'm in. Louie
  • Options
    dthigpendthigpen Posts: 3,932 ✭✭
    Sign me up. While I'll go along with the 'only slabbed coins' idea, I'd rather have it open to non-slabbed coins too. $100 sounds like a good round number!
  • Options
    Boom, I'd love to, except I must not of understood what was going on last time. I thought it was a surprise type grab bag swap of equal value. I couldn't come up with a coin(s) that my partner wanted. Personally, I don't care what I get as long as the person getting my stuff is satified. I'm sure I disappointed my trading partner last time because I couldn't come up with anything he wanted, then we stopped communicating. So, as I said, I'd love to do it. Except I'd like to be paired with someone who wants to do a surprise grab bag swap.

Jerry
  • Options
    Count me in please.. Thanks! Andy
    Andy
  • Options
    Count me in! Slabbed or unslabbed!
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Uncle Wiggly, actually you have the right idea. Your partner cannot force you to go out and hunt down only things he collects. We must be flexibble here. That would be like me telling him I'll only accept key date PCGS Quarters or PCGS 67 Quarters.
    I thought I made this clear before. I wouldn't mind getting a $100 Grab Bag as long as it wasn't a bunch of rejects....things no one wants. A $100 bag of various nice coins is quite ecceptable.image

• Options

<< <i>Uncle Wiggly, actually you have the right idea. Your partner cannot force you to go out and hunt down only things he collects. We must be flexibble here. That would be like me telling him I'll only accept key date PCGS Quarters or PCGS 67 Quarters.
    I thought I made this clear before. I wouldn't mind getting a $100 Grab Bag as long as it wasn't a bunch of rejects....things no one wants. A $100 bag of various nice coins is quite ecceptable.image

In my case, you can feel free to send me rejects... Providing they have holes in them image
  • Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,407 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Count me in.
    Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is April 12-13, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    OK...CLARIFICATION: Am I understanding everyone correctly here? The $100 minimum is acceptable but we do not have to have a "slab only" swap? Hey, I am all ears, so long as fellow collectors we can come up with a Real World way of being as certain as possible that what we send is worth AT LEAST $100...Not something out of Trends or the PCGS pricing guide.

I suggest perhaps shopping several places for a certain few items for comparative purposes. What do you guys think? Can't take eBay as "Gospel" because a lot of times items are literally stolen for next to nothing...............Ideas or suggestions?image
  • Options
    USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I may be up for this...I have some raw Peace dollars (XF and up), a Capped Bust Half (good), a few Barber Halves (good), and a ton of IKEsimage

Let me know if I qualify...
  • Options
    In Boom!
  • Options
    Boom, I think it should be a true grab bag. Anything goes with the ballpark figure of $100. Just slabbbed NGC/PCGS makes it too confining. I would like the flexibility to even slip in a note or two if it looks like I may be shy the $100.

Jerry
  • Options
    bgmanbgman Posts: 473 ✭✭
    Count me in. I think allowing raw coins as well as certified is a good idea. Thanks

Randy
  • Options
    Majority has spoken and so it shall be. $100 MINIMUM,....coins do not HAVE to be certified. Just as long as we are all on the same page, whatever you guys would like to do is AOK with me! image
  • Options
    mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    Me too, certainly worth a look.

Mike
  • Options
    Well Boom- I'm kind a new- and would like to give a swap a try- if it's a no go- send me a dear John/Santa pm- and I will understand....
  • Options
    It's a go with me MorganHunter2. I'm thinking we should let this run as long as possible to try to recruit more swappers yet still have time to be sure the packages are shipped and received by Christmas. What do you guys think about letting it go till midnite 12-17/ 12-18? Open for suggestions. Maybe the 15th to be sure? Opinions?image
  • Options
    Thanks Boom- as for the end date- I think Midnite of the 15th is good- you obviously will do the pairing and notification by say 10:00 a.m.(16th) and everyone can make the arrangements on shipping- I know from some whacky experiences here - it can take 7 days to cross town- and 2 to make it to Chicago.
  • Options
  • Options
    Anybody have any coin themed Christmas wrapping paper?
  • Options
    I'll have Mama check, Uncle Wiggly!image
  • Options
    TommyTypeTommyType Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heck, I'm in if you'll have me! image

I've never been much of a salesman, but have some "stuff" that I've upgraded. I'd rather "spin the wheel of fortune" than have to try to sell them!

Tom
    Easily distracted Type Collector
  • Options
    ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
    Count me in if you can. image -Dan
  • Options
    count me inimage
  • Options
    OK....that makes it official. We have 14 swappers that seem to be on the same page..... collectively!image

Here are the pairings. No other notification will be given as I am WAY too busy with other projects as well. It is up to those that have signed up to check this board, to contact your swap partner and exchange details, OK? As such, here we go...................

B00M swaps with Michael Dixon and vice versa.
    John K swaps with mhammerman and vice versa.
    eyoung swaps with Ormandh & vice versa
    Louie swaps with MorganHunter2
    asnovell swaps with dgthigpen etc
    Tommytype swaps with massscrew
    Uncle Wiggly swaps with Bgman

OK...that's it. Now let's see if we can pull this off without any glitches. I repeat, it is YOUR responsibility to communicate with your swap partner and to send him a grab bag of nice coins worth at least $100. Use your heads in figuring out values. Treat your partner the way you would like to be treated. If you don't think you have $100 worth...ADD SOME MORE....EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO INCLUDE A CHECK, as Uncle Wiggly suggested. This IS, after all, CHRISTMAS and let us keep the True Spirit of Giving here.

I'd like to take this opportunity to wish all of you a Merry Christmas as well as a safe and Happy New Year. Thanks for taking part in the Great Christmas 2004 Coin Swap.imageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    Ok, Johnk and I have made contact and the deal is on!
  • Options
    PM sent to TommyType...
  • Options
    PM'd Louie- waiting on his wish list.
  • Options
    Exchanged addresses with asnovell image

Package ready to go in the mail.
  • Options
    Mr. Dixon and I have exchanged info. If you see someone that has not responded or been notified, remind them, please because although I stated there would be no other notice, I personally PM'd every last one of you. Thanksimage

Basically, you ALL received very similar PMs from me, therefore there cannot be any bogus excuses!image
  • Options
    Boom....You'll make a great mother someday. image
  • Options
    Stan (mssscrew) and I are ready to exchange!

Hope everyone else has had as much fun poking through your trade materials as we have, and let's have everyone report back with their new found coins when the USPS does their job!

Tom
  • Options
    Coins packed up and will be in the mail tomorrowimage
  • Options
    Thanks Tommy, I'll take that as a compliment!image
  • Options
    Package went out to UncleWiggly today. Hope you like the coins.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS to All,

Randy
  • Options
    Going, going, gone! In the mail today....I just hope the recipient is satisfiedimage
  • Options
    I endured the Xmas lines at the PO as well.....They be on their way!!!

(First post with my newly earned "Senior Member" designation....Do I get the key to the executive washroom NOW?) image
  • Options
    Shipped my package out to asnovell this morning image
  • Options
    Well after a few decisive moves- package is on it's way to Louie- he should have on Friday - post office has a guaranty of 10 days on regular mail, 3-4 on priority. hehe I know folks at the p.o.- said it will make the afternoon run he'll have it by Thu.
  • Options
    Looks like I may be the first to report in with a "I have received" message....(was it legal for me to open before Xmas?) image

Package from Stan (massscrew) arrived today. Not bad USPS performance, I must say.

Enclosed was a beautiful original 1810 Bust Half in F-12+, and enough Ike dollars to start a collection (15 in all). So, I have a new coin to add to an existing collection, and some new coins to awaken a new interest. I'd never really looked at the difference between a '76 Type I and Type II Ike, but the difference is certainly plain to see when you have them in hand!

Pictures pending....

Thanks to Stan for the great swap, and I hope he's happy with my return coins!

Tom
  • Options
    Michael. Your pkg is mailed to your PO Box via USPS Priority Mail insured bearing delivery confirmation # 0503 8555 7490 5413 1326
    Merry Christmas, B00M
  • Options
    Louie, Your partner has been trying to reach you. I just tried PMing you and clicking on your profile for your email address and couldn't get in. What's going on with you?
  • Options
    I'm happy as a pig in you know what on this end as well...I received two very nice type coins for my Type Set from Tom (TommyType): an 1853 half cent and an 1857 seated quarter both in XF+ condition. Also, a USS Roosevelt Medal; a very interesting piece that I'm looking forward to researching.

This was definately a successful swap for us; I hope everyone else turns out happy as wellimage

Cheers,

Stan
  • Options
    Well, Stan, don't work too hard on the research! It's really just a momento type of medal sold in the ships store. I work for the Navy, and have done a wee bit of time at sea, and picked it up in a fit of boredom. image

Glad you enjoy the coins!

Tom
  • Options
  • Options
    I received my package from UncleWiggly. His wife had the packages wrapped upu so pretty with fancy bows, that I placed them under the tree. I am going to try and hold out until Christmas, but it will be hard.image

Happy Holidays to All

Randy
  • Options
    bg - your a whimp- open em up and tell us what ya got - we are all inquiring minds.

Michael Dixon- I want to thank you and the rest of the guys for allowing me to partake in the fun of a swap- something that I normally would not have done had it not been what I had read that Boom was doing for some needy folks-

I have come to realize that my dad's interest and passion for collecting coins has now somewhat rubbed off on me, unfortunately I have no rugrats to pass it onto. So I will keep and build my hoard for the day of retirement which hopefully won't get drug out to 75, and I will enjoy the folks- good and bad that I have met here.

thanks all- Have a fantastic Xmas and don't drink to much for the new year- it sucks having to wake up with a hangover. imageimageimage
  • Options
    Your not helping me fight the temptations.image
  • Options
    Well if memory serves me right- somewhere in the world it's xmas eve, and when I was a kid, Grams and Gramps would let us open just one gift.

I'll play gramps for the day- all the little boys and girls can open just one gift- TODAY!

SO all you who have paired off for the swap- let all the other boys and girls know what good ies SANTA brought you this year (Thru the US Postal service of course) pics of your items would be good, if you can't then give a real nice descrption of what Santy brought ya.

HO HO HO -

MERRY XMAS TO ALL
    AND HAVE A
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
  • Options
    Well the mail is in and Louie and I have made a fantastic swap- (Mom said it was ok to open em up cause it's xmas eve somewhere).
    So lo and behold Santy Coins has sent me a 78s, 82s, 94s, and a 04o Morgans, he must read my note that I sent to the North Carolina Pole. cuz they are purty nice coins that help my collection. image

I will try to post pics to this thread over the next couple of days- me n the camera seem to have a communication problem- but we will fix that.

Boom- thank you- this was fun and enlightening.

To all the others- may the good Lord look upon you with love and understanding as he has done for me- I know in my heart that the 2 most important people in my life (mom/dad) are looking down and know that I am getting better with age.

Have a great holiday to you all.