Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1954 Bowman Mays PSA 7. Is this Legit???

Has anyone seen this before with the 54 Bowman issue? The card appears to be in a psa holder, but the card is wrapped in some type of cellophane? Any experts out there on this set. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks

Text
Always looking for High Grade Pete Rose @ Mint 1975 Topps

Comments

• Options
    mudflap02mudflap02 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭
    It's the dreaded mylar sleeve that PSA inserts into some slabs. Other than that, I would have no problem bidding on that card.
  • Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    The seller bought a 1954 Bowman Mays PSA 7 on November 16. Assuming it's the same one...what's the deal? Didn't like it? Thought he could turn it for a quick buck so quickly?

Kinda weird.
  • Options
    It might be a new scam also. Check out the last transaction they had before that. It was back in 2000. Stays gone for that long then buys this? then turns around and sells it 10 days later after he got it? What gives?

Here is his recent bidder activity

Personally I don't like it. Something doesn't look right.
    Move along folks.......Nothing to see here.
  • Options
    jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭
    Maybe he thought he could crack it for an upgrade. Once he got the card, he saw it was a "7" and didn't have a shot at an "8".
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    jayhawke - along those same lines, it may have been a very overgraded 7.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    Alright! He flipped for a $3.99 increase in sale price, and $1 profit on the shipping.
    Total profit=$4.99.
    I guess it's off to Burger King for a free meal!image
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    I think the ebay fees will take care of his free meal.
  • Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    I forgot about that aspect--I guess it will be another night of Ramen Noodles.image
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    A bowl of Ramen noodles is better than taking a loss, which is what often happens why you change your mind on a card and flip it back out there.