Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

This one has a shot....

at a 9. i started a new thread so you wouldnt have to wait for all the scans to appear. this example has 4 sharp corners, its only flaw is top/bottom centering which while not 50/50 is still within the guidelines for a nine. image

but, for all i know it will get a 7
Good for you.

Comments

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Steve
    Nice card and you never know. If you get bored later - kick your scanner to 2-300 dpi and scan it and email it to me - would like to see it up close.
    I hope everyone is enjoying their long weekend!
    your friend
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    If the corners are as nice under the 10X loupe as they appear in the scan, this card could definitely receive a 9.
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    Steve - that's a great card. Is there a little something with the top left edge near the corner?
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    nah, must be the scan mark.
    Good for you.
  • Options
    has a touch on one corner and a ding on another, prolly a 6 but a nice centered example nontheless.

Good for you.
  • Options
    Steve - I got my partial set in, not bad; probably 5s and 6s throughout. How'd your second set come out?
    Mark (amerbbcards)

• Options
    the second set came and was the basis of my thread about which one would you prefer. the centering is better across the board but the corners have wear. the first set appear pack fresh but have 10 cards that are oc. i guess this is what makes collecting fun trying to get that perfect set.

your partial set sounds great 5 and 6 is an ideal grade to collect in especially if they present well for the grade.
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Ahh - yes, centered and a little worn is the way the set looked in the auction.
    My set presents very well, but, of course, it's short 6 cards.
    It'll be fun to chase those down.
    Mark (amerbbcards)