Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Great FAO coins, ( TTT for PuddlePirate :) )

These really amazing coins I got a few days ago from Mr. Harold Angel from FAO, Rome and the only thing I can say now: it is just WOW !! The coins are just FANTASTIC -- all of them! I like very much neat design of silver Malta's coin -- looks like it is my first coin with boats at the both of sides . Kuwait 1 fils coin has a fantastic luster, never saw it before on their coins. Maldivian Shooner is very cool and the shape of coin is very attractive too. And... the TONGA coin, or may be I even should call it "plaque" is a real piece of Numismatic Art! Great looking coins in super-great condition !I should add, that it was a real pleasure for me to deal with Mr. Angel and I hope that you'll enjoy these pictures.
All the coins were sent by registered post and in greatly packaging envelope and I have got them from Italy very fast--I'm really very impressed and once more many thanks to Brad (tbirde), our mate for showing here the info about FAO coins, including the e-mail of Mr. Angel -> see his original thread:

Brad's thread

The real coins are more cool "in the hands"-> sorry for my poor quality scans image
N. N.

Comments

• Good looking coins Nicolai!!!! image
    Shep
  • Thankls, Shep! I hope once to catch also your sig-line ship! image
    N. N.
  • Cool! More satisfied numismatists!
    Brad Swain

World Coin & PM Collector
    My Coin Info Pages <> My All Experts Profile
  • Thanks, Brad. It was you, who leads me to these great coins image
    N. N.
  • 1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Glad to hear of your new additions, Shipcoin!!! They look really neat.

Give someone a fish, he eats for a day.
    Teach him to fish, he eats for a lifetime.

That's not really relevant, but the fishing theme struck me...

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Very nice, Nicolai! image

• Thanks Susan and Mike, for positive feedback! image

Mike, it looks like you have some stories behind the fishing? imageimageimage
    N. N.
  • ttt imageimageimage
    N. N.
  • AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    I picked up a nice medal from Harold earlier this year. He does post here occasionally, but the UN keeps him busy traveling.
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • He posts here?! image Do you know his nickname, Mark? image
    N. N.
    Yes, his handle on this forum is "Angielczyk".
    Askari

• Thanks , Mark, just never saw his posts before image

Hopefully, our mate PuddlePirate will see these boats, anyway image
    N. N.
  • Great coins indeed! I really like the square Tonga coins too - I have a few of them myself.

Marcel
    Ebay user name: 00MadMuffin00
  • Oh me oh my such purties so I see!
    I picked up a Malta vessel just last week.
    Currently I am learning all I never wanted to know about coin photography. I hope to be able to post some of my goodies later this week.
    It looks like my coin purchases are going to be down the rest of this month, my wife called from Idaho to tell me the Suburban threw a rod and toasted the engine so I had to drain all my ready cash to get my girls back on the road safely. Its the little disasters that make each day so intriguing.
    "Any fool can use Power, but it is our wits that make us men."

Collecting Penguins, Named Ship Coins and other assorted goodies

Looking for Circulated coins of Papua New Guinea

stores.ebay.com/Grumpy's-Cave
    Sorry to hear about that ... but at least the girls are okay. But don't you hate it when real life interferes with your collecting? image
    Askari

• What is really sad was having to sell 10 oz of gold as well image
    The plus side is that they are looking at a more economical car than the old gas guzzler, cheaper insurance and cheaper maintenance as well.

• <What is really sad was having to sell 10 oz of gold as well > Did you mean GOLD or gold coins imageimageimage ??! Anyway Askari is right: <<...don't you hate it when real life interferes with your collecting?>> imageimage
    N. N.
  • 10 1oz Eagles.
    I keep the raw gold nuggets from the local river for melt when I do special jewelry projects, although I have thought of selling some packets on ebay every now and then. Living in Alaska does have its advantages, and Kodiak gets more rain than snow so I can pan if I feel like braving the weather. Winter is best though, all our "little" brownies are snoozing, still got to carry a rifle though when you go into the bush, there is nothing small about a 9-10 ft Brown bear especially when they look at you and give you that big slobbery grin of theirs.