Options

COnder Token CD?????

Anyone buy THIS? Is it worth it?
Bill

09/07/2006

Comments

• Options
    1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a great idea to me. The pics are 1200 dpi and with over 2500 of them. Seems relatively cheap. The D&H book is near $125, right?

I would be all over it, if it were Canadian Colonial tokens.

Gene
    Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay
  • Options
    bozboz Posts: 1,405
    I have them, there are two. He has the 2004 with 2450 scans, and the token identifier. Also once you purchase them you get the upgraded versions at a much cheaper price.
    The great use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it--James Truslow Adams
  • Options
    Upgraded version? Why not just buy the upgraded version only?
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    bozboz Posts: 1,405
    He upgrades them each year I think, just to keep his stats up to date. And any new pictures he comes up with. There's a new one coming out early 2005. According to him. Do you have his e-mail? It's on the CTCC member site. You could ask him about it.
    But you pay full price for your first time order.
    The great use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it--James Truslow Adams
  • Options
    I have a copy and I've mentioned it here on the forum before. I like it and I think it was worth the money. I don't know if I will get the update each year. Just every so often.

The pictures are great and the information about the number of pieces seen is helpful. Personally I think Dr Sriro has a really good first step here for the creation of an electronic update/replacement for Dalton & Hamer. He has pictures of something like 80% or more of all of the obv/rev pairings already. (I have run across a couple of misattributed pictures though. Most recently in Sussex. His 24 is a 25 and his 26 is a 24.) Get the rest of the pairings, add in descriptions and either his or my inscriptions index to make locating the specific token easier and you could have a good electronic reference. Especially if you hyperlink the legend index possibilities to the variety photos.