Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Would this be considered illegal?

From ebay item 3943562992.

Even if it's a joke,it should be against someones policies.

Comments

  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should be... I informed the gods image
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162 ✭
    image Heres a Link to some info already posted earlier on this seller:

    Seller
  • Options
    That looks VERY illegal to me.image
    Scott Hopkins
    -YN Currently Collecting & Researching Colonial World Coins, Especially Spanish Coins, With a Great Interest in WWII Militaria.

    My Ebay!
  • Options
    Lee,I've been following most of the posts about this guy,but I thought he might be crossing smoeones line with this one.

    Here's a link to the auction with that pic.(for the lazy ones).image
  • Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162 ✭
    image Your definately right on this one. He's crossed many lines from what I've seen. Folks are bidding "Big Money" for his items though? Lee
  • Options
    All I can figure is he must have a boatload of shills,or there are more dummies on ebay than I ever imagined.







    edit for spelling.image
  • Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    I still can't believe it's not against ebay rules to demand positive feedback before a refund is sent.

    New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

  • Options
    PCGS and NGC need to put a stop to this screwball.
    I think a letter from their lawyers to Ebay would do the trick.

    Ray
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think somebody has more money that brains. Eight out of hundred feedback are negitive and still they bid in his auctions.image
  • Options
    GonfunkoGonfunko Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭
    I like this quote:
    <<Can you spell ignorant without an IQ?>>
    Yes, as a matter of fact you can. There is no "Q" in ignorant. Furthermore, you can spell things without an IQ. You just spell them wrong. Dan Quayle is living proof of that....image
  • Options
    BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    I hope he doesn't work for the postal service, because it's just a matter of timeimage-----------------------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options
    He's my buddy !
    image
  • Options
    This seller appears to be doing nuttier and nuttier things, and is basically daring Ebay to shut him down. Between this and the altered SLQ I would think that would do it. Definitely not playing with a full deck!!
  • Options
    Why the repeated references to medical degrees, Harvard, etc as though it's relevant. Likely as bogus as everything else. I don't go on about my profession (amateur gynecologist), why should they?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

    Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

    image
  • Options
    Standard procedure at big companies is to file a 1 million dollar trademark infringement lawsuit against the individual in order to set an example. It deters others.
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>I don't go on about my profession (amateur gynecologist), why should they? >>

    image
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    xbobxbob Posts: 1,979 ✭
    I noticed feedback is only 98 yet a few hundred transactions. A lot of repeat buyers with comments like "coin is in PCGS slab" when the auction was for a raw coin, or "Coin is Okay" and other BS. They've got to be false buyers to boost feedback. Even with them, this nutjob has lousy feedback overall (we wonder why?). Please ebay... ban this chump.

    I'm expecting to see a NARU soon.
    -Bob
    collections: Maryland related coins & exonumia, 7070 Type set, and Video Arcade Tokens.
    The Low Budget Y2K Registry Set
  • Options
    He's got a horrid looking 1879CC Morgan and it's currently at US $1,126.55! image Not cool!
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭
    I sent another note to ebay. Maybe if enough of us post complaints we can get this seller dealt with for violating ebay rules and trademark law.
  • Options
    Waiting for a call back from the Long Beach PD computer crimes division.

    You have no idea how many people i have talked to in this Morons family !
    image
  • Options
    Notice how similar his toning stories are.image

    DESERT TONED
    The dealer found coins that were wrapped in tissue paper. The top portion of the big plastic bag was partly melted and it exposed the coins to the elements. The tissue papers that covered the coins on the upper most portion of the bag were extremely dark in color. This was attributed to the desert heat for no one knew how long the coins were in that roof. Most of the coins in the top part of the bag that were heavily corroded and less than half of the bag escaped encrustations.

    The Pinatubo Toned Coins
    The heat was such that the safe which is suppose to be fire proof partially melted and more than half of the coins were fused together like a huge silver coin nugget.

    His excuse for his over grading.

    This auction is for a Toned 1928 P Peace Dollar with an estimated grade of MS60. However, we have to warn you our coins are graded by a person whose eye sight is failing; therefore, it would be prudent for you to check the pictures that were provided in order for you to judge the grade of this coin.
  • Options
    BikingnutBikingnut Posts: 3,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    graded by a person whose eye sight is failing

    So that explains why they can't tell that the two 23 SLQ's aren't really 23's.

    I sent three noticed to ebay one was about three days ago, but he's still there. I don't really believe ebay is too concerned about this guy. More fuel for the fire. I think ebay will one day be the defendant in the biggest class action suit ever.
    US Navy CWO3 retired. 12/81-09/04

    Looking for PCGS AU58 Washington's, 32-63.
  • Options
    GonfunkoGonfunko Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭
    I believe it was Lord M who discovered that "Mt. Pinatubo" is a volcano in the Phillipines. All he had to do was lower the coins into the crater....
  • Options
    When the Pinatubo listings started, I assumed most knew about the eruption, since the story has aired many times on public tv, a NOVA special I think. Big deal because it was predicted by volcanoligists, US and Philipino alike, and thus well documented visually. Even bigger deal when it erupted, extremely huge event, and primarily pyroclastic, in that superheated gases flowed like flood waters down the mountainside, rather than throwing up plumes of lava. Film crews caught this, as well as groups of scientists going up the slopes before the eruption, and then the pyroclastic flows shortly thereafter, killing many where they stood because the flows were hundreds of miles an hour. So this guy's story sounded fishy from the start, hot enough to vaporize a person, but melt a safe? Even if it had, all the coins would have melted as well, not become precious, pretty eye-candy for the masses.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

    Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

    image
  • Options
    GeminiGemini Posts: 3,085 ✭
    The 1835 half dime is is selling he said was found by one of his clients inside a 10 foot long salmon that he was cleaning. He said the fish was caught a year ago....Must have been a mighty old fish....image
    A thing of beauty is a joy for ever
  • Options
    It's pretty obvious to me that this Morgan has been vibratory tumbled in a polishing type media.

    Why is it not so obvious to people who look at it and place "stupid money" bids ?????? imageimage



Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file