some collectors might like those however maybe 90% of the collectors here would not due to questionable toning imo. IF it could make it into a top tier holder it would make it more desirable to more collectors but, i,m not sure it could be deemed `market acceptable`
It's a hologram eagle--that part's definitely AT/damage/whatever you want to call it, and for that, it's lost most value to most collectors (I for one really don't like the colorized coins in any way). As far as the color in the fields, that may be natural, but again, the rest of the coin is damaged.
No it wasn't toned when I got it. That toning is natural. It is a holographic eagle and I also have one that is painted or something. Didn't know if these were worth the price paid or not. Tthey were gifts.
Definitely hologram covered, then cleaned with a wet cloth. The "toning" is residue from whatever was used to clean it. Your bullion coin is worth just that...bullion value, whatever an ounce of silver sells for.
Comments
here would not due to questionable toning imo.
IF it could make it into a top tier holder it would
make it more desirable to more collectors but,
i,m not sure it could be deemed `market acceptable`
good luck
Herb
btw
Chris
My Collection of Old Holders
Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
It's a hologram eagle--that part's definitely AT/damage/whatever you want to call it, and for that, it's lost most value to most collectors (I for one really don't like the colorized coins in any way). As far as the color in the fields, that may be natural, but again, the rest of the coin is damaged.
Jeremy
and it sets us apart from practitioners and consultants. Gregor
The Lincoln cent store:
http://www.lincolncent.com
My numismatic art work:
http://www.cdaughtrey.com
USAF veteran, 1986-1996 :: support our troops - the American way.