Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

HELP!! IS THIS BONDS/MAYS ELITE PTT AUTO LEGIT???

Here is the scan of the first time it sold
Bonds/Mays Elite 37/50 --The first time around

And here is the same card with the same scans again from a guy in the Philippines

The Bonds/Mays 37/50 2nd time around!

The warning at the end of the auction is very, very fishy. The scans are the same and perhaps stolen. I have a feeling, this person may have not so good intentions.

What do you all think?
Joel C

Comments

• Most likely a scam image
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joel
    Very interesting. What made you go back and look for the item as a past auction? The write up is very questionable. I emailed the current owner....asking if he still possesses the card.
    your friend
    Mike
    Mike
  • The first example you have a link to actually has the Donruss stamp in the card; the second one does not, and in fact the side that would (which is the Mays side) has such a tiny scan of it that it'd be impossible to tell. Something smells fishy...
    Kobe Who? image At least Dwyane pays proper respect to Da Big Aristotle image

Yes, I collect shiny modern crap image

All your Shaq are belong to me image
  • These are the type of auction where you wish the seller would do escrow. I'm betting that it is a scam. You should ask him him if he would do some sort of escrow. Yeah, I'll be the midllemman you send me the money and he can send me the card.
    I emailed the seller and asked him whether he pulled the card or purchased it and he replied....

<< <i>>Hi. This item was pulled by my cousin, and im selling
    it for him. Thanks for asking< >>

I "replied" - I think he may be "pulling" your leg - the card just recently sold on ebay....let's see if he emails me back again.
    your friend
    Mike

edit: bjork - great observations! Thanx
    Mike

<< <i>> Yes. I still have the one I bought and plan on
    > keeping it.
    >
    > Craig
    > >>

Here is an update with an email from the current owner. Now we know that the item is a scam.
    your friend
    Mike

Mike
  • pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    definitely a scam..

i was watching the 1st (legit) one before it ended.. i think its a great card, but the price got a little too rich for me..
    ·p_A·
    Perry
    I emailed the seller and told him that there is no way that his cousin can own the card and that I had reported it to ebay fraud - I also emailed the latest bidder with the info I got - don't like emailing bidders as a rule but this auction is about to end. And of course, the guy is not going to accept paypal.
    Hope the latest bidder is one of his friends or gets a clue or they'll be out a nice chunk of change.
    hope you had a good trip and happy thanxgiving!
    your friend
    Mike
    Mike
  • pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    BTW - The original seller of this card is CU's own "Xtrainningscards" and he posted a thread in the BST forum..
    ·p_A·
    Well, it looks like the buy pulled the item with some kind of cryptic excuse - I'm hoping no one got hurt on this one - ebay scum!
    your friend
    Mike
    Mike

<< <i>i was watching the 1st (legit) one before it ended.. i think its a great card, but the price got a little too rich for me.. >>

p_A
    I like the card also - and yes, it is a classic but like you, I would not pay that kind of money. That's why some people on the second auction may have thought that they were getting a bargain.
    One thing - I thought I might get some hate mail from someone but did not. image

Great card and staying in the hands of the original buyer.
    your friend
    Mike
    Mike