Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

The 10 best barbers in Existence

1) 1893 o Barber dime PCGS ms 68 - Of course this is #1 because I own it
2) 1894 s Proof 66 - This coin is spectacular and will cross the $1,000,000 when it sells in March

Stewart

Comments

• Options
    Do you mean the best barber dimes???

If so, you are joking, right??? How can ANY of the 1894-s Dimes be worth LESS than your 1893-O in ms68??? The WORST 1894-s is worth more. I guess you can see how much the pop 1's go for at the Hugon sale, then you will have an idea what YOURS is worth. I say no more than $45,000 and I am being generous.

The top 3 1894-s gems are worth over 1/2 a million each, and I am LOW BALLING...

----Lloyd

The Accumulator - Dark Lloyd of the Sith

• Options
    TahoeDaleTahoeDale Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭
    Stewart,

Not counting the 1894-S, what are the highest prices realized for other Barber dimes in the series, any date/grade?

As an example, the 1901-S quarter in 67 and 68 exceed 100,000.
    The 13-S quarter in 68 should bring over 75,000.

The 1892-O micro o's in 67 and 68 exceed 100,000.

The 1904-S half in 67 is valued over 100,000.

Are there any Barber dimes that have traded hands (auction or private treaty) in excess of $75,000?

TahoeDale
  • Options
    DrPeteDrPete Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭
    Many of the coins in the Hugon sale should set new records for barbers in all three denominations.
    Dr. Pete
  • Options
    Stewie, I just like giving you a headache!!!! Seriously, I DON'T know barber dimes except for the magnificant 1894-s, but I will say the Hugon sale will help dictact really what the high grade, low pops are really worth. I will be sitting there, MAYBE throwing my card up if I liked something. But I doubt I will be going after the dimes. But will enjoy the show!!!

__________Lloyd
    The Accumulator - Dark Lloyd of the Sith

• Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lloyd, don't worry, I do not know about barber dimes either. I just have been studying them for the past 25 plus years. You have been around too but that doesn't count!

I am not even going to the dime sale!

A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All those dated 1891.
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    DrPeteDrPete Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭
    Tony is my barber and he cuts my hair, trims my beard, and mustache, only $10. Looks like a million bucks.

He is the best barber in my experience.
    Dr. Pete
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Boy, this discussion of coins is really reaching rarified altitude.

I think its giving the bear a nosebleed.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    DrPete: I am upset at my barber. He has raised his price from $7 three years ago to $14!!!!

I got my own cutting set from WallyMart and then let him fix what I ruin twice a year instead of monthly!!!

Maybe I can make it to the top 10????
  • Options
    There's a great barber in Seville, and another one on Fleet Street, but I wouldn't recommend him. I hear he eats people.
  • Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    Larry Shepard had an absolutely amazing set of rainbow proof Barber quarters displayed in SIMCOs case a year or two ago. It may have been the finest set or any denomination ever assembled. I'm sure some of the top ten are in that set.image
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options
    STEWARTBLAYNUMISSTEWARTBLAYNUMIS Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭
    Rainbowroosies - The set that Larry Sheperd had in his case in Long Beach is the same set that is being auctioned by Heritage during Platinum Night.It is part of the Hugon collection.
    I agree with you that it is the finest Slabbed Proof Barber Quarter collection ever assembled.IMHO

stewart
  • Options
    Lining up the bucks for them as well.