Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1986 Fleer Charles Barkley Fakes?

Hi all,
I recently received a small submission back from grading (it was BGS - I am sorry about this for multiple reasons and am planning on having another one go out this month on the PSA special) and had a 1986 F Charles Barkley card returned as of questionable authenticity. Were these counterfieted at one time? I don't remember these being a problem card and it looks pretty good to me.

Thanks,
Adam

Comments

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adam
    Hard to believe that anyone would take the time to counterfeit a Barkley! But here is a link with the reference to the fakes.
    Sorry to hear about it...did you pay much?
    Happy thanxgiving
    your friend
    Mike

Mike
  • Mike,
    Thanks for the quick reply and great link - I have to admit that this is a pretty good reproduction. I do not really recall where I got this card so I expect that I did not spend too much on it. At the moment I'm more upset at the lost grading fee and the fact I was not informed enough to recognize that this could be a fake.

Thanks again and hope you have a great Thanksgiving as well,
    Adam
  • AlbertdiditAlbertdidit Posts: 560 ✭✭✭
    Actually its not surprising that the Barkley would have been faked..back in the day in its prime that card was between $200 and $300 (dont remember exactly where it peaked)

Just to give you and example in a beckett from the mid 90's where the 86-87 fleer is listed it says...beware of counterfeits (so not just the Jordan was singled out)
  • no this is fake,, pathetic what he has to do to make a living,,,j
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • good lawrd i just noticed the date of the original poster,, really?
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • AlbertdiditAlbertdidit Posts: 560 ✭✭✭
    Haha..for some reason Kaka wanted to bring it back to life