Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Opinions Appreciated

Granted the quality is poor but I'm curious what your opinions are on the Dimaggio card.

link

Comments

• Options
    Wasy,
    Looks pretty legit to me. I'd buy it if I were looking for a collectors grade for a raw set.

P.S. I see you like the Battle Creek Yankees Icon I uploaded awhile ago. Are you a fan of them or just like the Icon? I live in Battle Creek and see them play all the time. Although now they've been sold again and are no longer the B.C. Yankees.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alan
    I am in agreement with Doug on this one. Looks like a nice PSA 1 or pushing it, 2 - a lot of guys still have it graded if they are doing a 3-4 set but can't afford the star cards in that grade. The guy seems honest although I disagree that the card is nicely centered - he does reference all the creases and stuff which helps with credibility - I am not familiar with the set, so I am not going to say anything about authenticity - but I don't think it is one that we see faked on ebay.
    Just wondering what the reserve is? If you email him, he will probably tell you. If it doesn't sell, email him and ask if you can have it for the minimum? What have you got to lose?
    Happy Thanxgiving
    your friend
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    Doctor: I'm sorry, looks like we're going to have to remove your spleen.
    Patient (aghast): I want a second opinion!
    Doctor: Okay - you're ugly, too.

Sorry, man - hitting the turkey a little early. Hey the card looks legit; especially with the reverse being more off center than the obverse (oops, am I giving out tips to would-be conterfeiters?)

Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    Doug, I'm a Yankee fan who liked your icon!!

The guys reserve is $300 for the card which given the condition seems fair to high to me. What do you think?
  • Options
    seems a bit high to me as well