Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Modern Crap ?......2003/2004 Mint Set mintages

ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
Has anyone seen numbers for the 2003 or 2004 sets. I have to believe the 2004 sets are going to be very low compared to other "recent" Modern "crap" sets as some have called it. I have been to several local dealers who have none and don't expect to get any more 2004 sets. Anyone else with an opinion? I still contend the 2004 Lincolns in 68+ are the toughest moderns in many years.

Chrisimage A Modern "Crap" Collector

If you'd like to flame me about Modern (1965-date) coins please have some respect and check the PCGS pop report first and then PM meimage

Comments

  • Options
    GonfunkoGonfunko Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭
    The 2004 sets are sold out, so I expect the number will be pretty high.
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty high??image

    Do you mean pretty low? I have never seen a Mint set start selling in June and being sold out so soon. The sets are now selling at a near 100% premium from Mint set prices. ??
  • Options
    The copy of NN that I got today said that the 2004 mintage was around 840,000. I would think that this would be a relatively low mintage for mint sets.
    Gary
    image
  • Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 12,606 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I beleive that you are 100% correct. I missed buying and sets from the mint this yr and was lucky enough to find another forum member willing to sell a set at a very resonable price.

    Chris
    My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

    Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    I purchased 25 sets, they were nice. They are already selling between $25 and $40 on Ebay. Remember these are the only sets to contain the westward journey Jeffersons and state quarters. I think these are going to be spendy someday.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,524 ✭✭✭✭


    << <i>The copy of NN that I got today said that the 2004 mintage was around 840,000. I would think that this would be a relatively low mintage for mint sets. >>



    Dang! image Why or why wasn't I paying attention and purchase more than my token 3 sets!!!!!! image

    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.



    The name is LEE!
  • Options
    Thats about the number that the mint listed as the total mintage.
    Just Learning!
    Thank You
    SilverDollar

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file