Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Question About Pennies From The Mint

I know we use to be able to get $50 bags of loose new pennies from the mint. Recently I noticed that there is no listing for them in the online mint catalog. There's bags available for nickels, quarters, halves and dollars, but not pennies (or dimes!). Why did they stop selling bulk pennies??? ...ya reckon Wal-Mart has them? image
image Monster Wavy Steps Rule! - 1999, WSDDR-015, 1999P-1DR-003 - 2 known
My EBay Store/Auctions

Comments

  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 30,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far as I know, the mint has not sold cents in modern times. It was only
    this year that they've sold nickels for the first time. Indeed the states issues
    are the first of any denomination that were sold by the mint.

    tempus fugit extra philosophiam.
  • Options
    Oh, then I stand corrected. Thanks.
    image Monster Wavy Steps Rule! - 1999, WSDDR-015, 1999P-1DR-003 - 2 known
    My EBay Store/Auctions

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file