Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

POLL: Is SAH/HSN good for the hobby?

I say both. Speaking for myself, they were the ones that got me hooked on this hobby (good), but once I learned more, I realized they are a bunch of snake oil salesmen (bad).

Comments

  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 24,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For all it's worth, back in the early 70's, the Franklin Mint did a lot to get me excited about numismatics. The fact that I lost money on most of my FM purchases never bothered me.
    Andy Lustig

    Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.
    Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    Yes and No

    Yes it's good for introducing people to coins !
    No never buy from them !
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can be good--it can bring people to the hobby. But how many people are ripped off and turned off from the hobby to hook the one that stays?

    I'd say the same about Littleton. They got me in with some promo offers... that was fine, because I was so young when it happened that I didn't have the money to buy what was in their catalogs. By the time I had the money, I knew better.

    Jeremy
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file