Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Walker variety on 1943?

I just bought a 1943-P MS 65 Walker in the first generation holder from my local dealer. It has the words " in God we trust" doubled very clearly. On the back the words "half dollar" are also doubled but harder to see. I know on the 1974-D doubled date Kennedy you mostly see the In God We Trust doubled. I don't see a 43 Walker. Is this a doubled date or just machine doubling? Thanksd in advance. Ray
You only live life once, enjoy it like it's your last day. It just MIGHT be!

image

Comments

  • Options
    SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,877 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most 1943 Walkers are Doubled die.
    It was a master hub that was doubled
    so it mase many working dies.
    Not worth a premium.
  • Options
    raycycaraycyca Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info! Bought it for my type set and the price was very right. Coin would probably grade 66 if resubmitted but I only need it for a middle of the road type set. I like the idea of a 1st generation holder. Also bought a 66FB Merc for my set. He has other 42-45 in MS 65 in 1st gen holder too. Might have to go back and resubmit one or too. Ray
    You only live life once, enjoy it like it's your last day. It just MIGHT be!

    image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file