Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

WTB: 1982-D MS66FS JEFFERSON

Looking for a 1982-D MS-66FS Jefferson for my REGISTRY SET. Please contact me via PM (or email at rlawsha@roe33.k12.il.us) if you have one.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,367 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Looking for a 1982-D MS-66FS Jefferson for my REGISTRY SET. Please contact me via PM (or email at rlawsha@roe33.k12.il.us) if you have one.

Thanks! >>

Wow! I'd have never guessed that any graded this high. I've never seen anything
    even close and have seen only a handfull of coins that could be really choice.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    Its a pop 21/1 coin and will be hard to find.
  • Options
    rlawsharlawsha Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭
    It's been a year of scouring every eBay, Teletrade, Heritage auction I could find just to get this far on the set. I also check the usual modern vendors from time to time. Now upgrades are getting real hard to find. I have about 30 coins in for grading right now so hopefully I will get at least one that is a bump for me. It is a very fun set to build despite (or because of) the difficulty in obtaining the coins.
  • Options
    FullStepJeffsFullStepJeffs Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭
    As someone who collects Jeffs... the pop reports haven't really gone up in the last year or so for this date/mint... and most if not all the current coins are already locked away. Good luck with your submissions!
    U.S. Air Force Security Forces Retired

In memory of the USAF Security Forces lost: A1C Elizabeth N. Jacobson, 9/28/05; SSgt Brian McElroy, 1/22/06; TSgt Jason Norton, 1/22/06; A1C Lee Chavis, 10/14/06; SSgt John Self, 5/14/07; A1C Jason Nathan, 6/23/07; SSgt Travis Griffin, 4/3/08; 1Lt Joseph Helton, 9/8/09; SrA Nicholas J. Alden, 3/3/2011. God Bless them and all those who have lost loved ones in this war. I will never forget their loss.
  • Options
    haletjhaletj Posts: 2,192
    Nice Mint Set. Do you have all 7 1982 penny varieties? You should! I have an ms66 82-d Jeff in my own collection, but not full steps. I need a better 82-p quarter, and 82-p,d halves still.
  • Options
    You are right about how difficult high end 82's are to find, and prices are out there.
    Still looking for upgrades myself. Have a great Thanksgiving.
    Ron

1982 Registry - Martin's Collection

eBay coins
  • Options
    rlawsharlawsha Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭
    Hi Ron,

It's good to know who the Martin's Collection belongs to. I have been looking over my shoulder quite a bit lately. I keep hoping you don't find too many of the gems before I do image I suppose if they were too easy to find it wouldn't be near as gratifying when you do come accross them. Any upgrade for me on the 82 set is going to be pricey right now so don't look for me to make any big jumps in the near future. It's nice to find dealers who still sell the 82 and 83 souvenir sets for $20 each but they are starting to wise up. 83 P&D souvenir sets are pushing $80 to $100 now on eBay. 82 sets of P&D are cheaper but rising.

The 82 set is my only registry set but I am thinking of going for clad mint state quarters next. The prices are still pretty cheap and there seems to be no shortage of them right now.
  • Options
    rlawsha,
    I don't think you have anything to worry about on your 1982 set. It is very nice and
    would be impossible to match yours. I can't get any upgrades as you always out bid
    me image on any 82's out there. I am amazed with the prices on the 82 and 83 sets and
    most of them are full of junk.
    The clad quarter set would be interesting as I think it is difficult to find the early ones
    in high grade.
    Good luck with the MS66FS, very difficult. I have a 1938-present with varieties and after
    much time and $'s I have no hope of cracking the top five.
    Ron
    Jefferson's