Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

1956 TOPPS PRESIDENTS

Picked the set up a few days ago on the bay.

am looking forward to adding it to my non sports sets.
since they were printed in 56 they are the same size as the 52 thru 56 baseball cards. for those that do not know it is a 36 card set. paid 5.95 per card delivered, dealer claims they are nmt/mnt pack fresh etc. we will see.....
Good for you.

Comments

• MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    Steve - nice looking set. My set is G-VG at best. $200 for this set is a steal - it can only go up!
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Mark I agree, some non sport sets are way under valued. accoeding to the dealer the set is valued at 100.00 in nmt grade. to win it i had to pay 2x that. gladly....
    Good for you.
  • Steve,

Looks like a fun set. You will have to let us know how they grade out if you submit. But from the scan, they do look like they have the potential for 7's or above.
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steve
    Nice set! What is the minimum grade you would like to see in order to send it to PSA?
    your friend
    Mike
    Mike
    i think im gonna keep it raw.
    Good for you.
    well the cards are in and i am most pleased!! only problem is i have to wait to do anything with them, i have been nursing a broken wrist and handling them is tuff to say the least. below is one that i have scanned. image

i would ask my wife to put them into top loaders for me but......

steve
    Good for you.
  • MantlefanMantlefan Posts: 1,079 ✭✭
    Great buy Steve. I've sold some PSA 8's in that set for $50-$75 each, so potentially you've made a kiling.
    Frank

Always looking for 1957 Topps BB in PSA 9!
    Steve
    That Hayes looks great! What do you think it would grade? If a lot of these are really sweet, you may have to rethink the grading?
    Happy thanxgiving
    your friend
    Mike
    Mike

another...this one on the back has a corner ding that does not go thru to the front, still a beauty imo image
    Good for you.
    Damn Steve that's a crisp looking card. How much of the set is like that?
    Mark (amerbbcards)

mark all the cards are crisp. about 8 are OC, 2 have corner dings. i would think that this set would grade out at a minimum a 7.33. the best card corner wize is OC. I was able to get each card in a top loader (no small feat, as i am nursing a broken wrist) but with a lil ingenuity i have encased each card w/o damaging any. i will scan each card and maybe a few of you guys can chime in and give your opinions. now i have to find a wrapper........image
    Good for you.
    Steve - you like to live dangerously!
    Glad you were able to holder them all with no damage.

That Washington card is glorious - it's the key to the set and very tough in that condition, centered as it is.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

• Steve (right name this time image)

Good luck with the broken wrist. I had one two years ago but had one of those metal contraptions instead of a cast. It looks like you can type pretty well though.

Great set !!!
    kieth i too had the metal contraption. ive always typed with 1 hand so it has not effected me. the washington card seems to be the worst of the lot.

Good for you.
    Zachary Taylor was president?

Mike
    Mike - did he have the "zachary" disease?image
    Mark (amerbbcards)