Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

GOETZ: K-434 Max and Emma Mehler

K-434 MAX AND EMMA MEHLER, Aachen. 1929, Struck (Munich Mint) AE, 60mm., Choice UNC.

Commemorating the 25th Wedding Anniversary, September 2, 1904 –1925. Obverse, conjoined busts left., Reverse, Oak tree with hanging hearts enclosing children’s initials. The “all seeing eye” above and the inscription “Work is Prayer.”

Comments

• 1jester1jester Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭
    I guess I don't get the symbolism on the reverse. The tree, yes, but what's to the left and in front of the tree--an unfinished grave and gravestone? What's the tool in the forground?

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • cosmicdebriscosmicdebris Posts: 12,332 ✭✭✭
    I think like it says work is prayer. The tool is a compass and the other objects crosses, I think?
    Bill

09/07/2006
    Yes, it does look like a compass. And the other objects are very similar to crosses, but neither is full (one is buried and the other leaning against the tree). I still don't understand that.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • What a great example of Goetz the artist compared to Goetz the political cartoonist and satirist.
    Keep em coming Scott.
    Shep
  • The leaves of the "Oak Tree" have a strong resemblance to the this "Oak Tree"! image

imageimage
    "The leaves of the "Oak Tree" have a strong resemblance to the this "Oak Tree"!" ClausUrch

image AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!! LIGHTSIDE !! !! !! !! !! Get it out of here!!!! It's hurting my eyes!!!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

• bozboz Posts: 1,405
    The great use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it--James Truslow Adams
  • AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I guess I don't get the symbolism on the reverse. The tree, yes, but what's to the left and in front of the tree--an unfinished grave and gravestone? >>

That is a Christmas tree in a graveyard, geez!image
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Interesting Reverse, A "family tree" the tools are "draftsman" I recognize the "ell" and measurement calipers. What did this gentleman design, some building of importance?
    "Any fool can use Power, but it is our wits that make us men."

Collecting Penguins, Named Ship Coins and other assorted goodies

Looking for Circulated coins of Papua New Guinea

stores.ebay.com/Grumpy's-Cave
  • cosmicdebriscosmicdebris Posts: 12,332 ✭✭✭
    MAybe you're right behind the compass is a T-square?
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Masonic symbols guys... image
    Vern
    You want how much?!!
    NapoleonicMedals.org
    (Last update 3/6/2007)
    You took the words right out of my mouth, Elverno!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

• Well Duh! If it were a brick it could have fallen on my head. That's what I get for looking at peices and not the whole picture. image
    "Any fool can use Power, but it is our wits that make us men."

Collecting Penguins, Named Ship Coins and other assorted goodies

Looking for Circulated coins of Papua New Guinea

stores.ebay.com/Grumpy's-Cave