Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Let the mastrobation begin!

WOW!

i was just checking a few items from the current mastro auction and went out and bought a lottery ticket (50 mill in Florida)

what an amazing array of items chek this one out or this one

"Women should be obscene and not heard. "
Groucho Marx

Comments

• Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    It just amazes me how they get all these quality items on a regular basis...jay
  • Options
    I just noticed that Mastro has some more 53 Topps unopened packs graded by GAI in their new auction.

Does anyone know if these the same packs that they had sold over the summer?
    Buyer and Seller of PSA graded Baseball Cards from 1900-1980.

Check out my ebay auctions listed under seller ID: jeej
  • Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    i wonder why people would buy a card and then sell it again in a couple of years ..sometimes even less time

lets say you buy a 10 grand card, the kind of people that would buy this card most have a lot of money already so it doesnt make a lot of sense that would need money right away?

maybe they just get bored or shifted interest?

if they are in it for the fanancial rewards then wouldnt it make sense to wait a little longer?

or do they feel there is something wrong with the card or the grade?
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    a lot of the pack lots in recent auctions were one by dealers. this auction appears to have a lot of smaller lots from the bbckid trying to get rid of some of his 60's early 70's opc packs. also , there are the bowman packs which were just purchased in a box and quaker oats sets that are in there from him .

the real question is whether this is the 3rd 100+ lot of uncut hockey sheets? that would explain why they bundled so many as this is about 400 sheets if they are in fact all unique lots. how many more will there be?
  • Options
    Duncan,

I will be calling them on that sheet comment. I'm really interested to find that out.

Isn't it also interesting that some raw hockey sets just got graded and put into
    the auction. If you check the serial numbers on two of the sets, it shows that
    these were just graded and put into the auction. Just another example of some
    nice raw hockey out there. Bid early and often !!!
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    what sucks is that I really want one of these 66 sheets but i have no chance of ever winning one becasue I can't compete with someone bidding to cut it up and sell the orr in a bgs 9.5 holder. one of the great travesties of collecting in the new era.
  • Options
    Perhaps we need to discuss a partnership.image
  • Options
    I notice my 1950 Bowman Mel Parnell is in there. PSA 8, part of a whole higher grade set. hmmmmmmmmm
    Now looking for a 1950 Bowman Baseball Box as pictured below.
  • Options
    am i the only one totally discouraged by the fact that all the major auctions are comprised almost entirely of baseball memorabilia???? is there that little interest in football? mile high, and leland's auctions had very little for memorabilia, making matters worse most of the stuff is from the 70's and later. there wasn't much more offered in cards either.

What i don't get, is that there's never a shortage of babe ruth, lou gehrig, etc. uniforms bats auto's offered at every auction...and the prices never plateau. when's the last time you saw a nice nagurski, grange, thorpe, etc. signed football?

i guess either somebody is hording all the nice football stuff...or there just isn't anything out there!
    Duner a.k.a. THE LSUConnMan
    lsuconnman@yahoo.com

• Options
    AlanAllenAlanAllen Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭
    It's just not out there duner. Football was a far third (maybe less) behind baseball and boxing until well after WWII. It would be like finding quality bowling memorabilia on eBay today. There is a game used Jim Thorpe Conton Bulldogs jersey at Lelands... freaking incredible. $200,000 min bid. Leland's and Mastro both have decent amounts of football currently, compared to what one usually finds.

Joe
    No such details will spoil my plans...
  • Options
    jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭
    How can you tell by the serial numbers if a card was recently graded?