Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

anyone else create their own excel "price guide?"

I was just curious if anybody else keeps an excel price guide to track historical trends of realized prices on the graded cards in their sets...as we all know smr is horrible. I started one about 6 months ago for one of my sets, but i'm no excel guru, and mine is pretty basic. I wondered if somebody else who was a statistics major had put together one that computed formulas and spit out averages, created charts, etc. I was also thinking that someone on this board probably already thought of this topic and may have a website that consolidated and linked the spread sheets various collectors have created....was I correct?
Duner a.k.a. THE LSUConnMan
lsuconnman@yahoo.com

Comments

• Options
    I have a primative one for c55 hockey that's about a year old and a new one for Canadian Gum hockey. Mine tracks prices by card and grade, buyers and sellers.
    C56, V252, V128-1 sets
    Hall of Famers from all 4 sports
  • Options
    Yes, I keep one for 1969 OPC Hockey. It probably doesn't interest many on these boards, but if you would like a copy, feel free to email me with your email address.

dan
    The first person in the PSA universe to complete the 1969 OPC
    Hockey set! Always looking to buy, trade or upgrade 1966 Topps to 1969 OPC.
  • Options
    jaxxrjaxxr Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    I have used a Microsoft Works version, Excell without a few bells and whistles, but in the 73 and 79 baseball sets tracked, I find too much or not enough action to get any real conculsive ideas as to trends.

The card market for almost all commons / semi-stars seems to be very unpredicable. If a few guys go after some year , prices rise. When the several collectors get their cards prices usually go down. After a flexible peroid of time the trend repeats itself as new addicts become interested.

I would tend to believe the advent of the Set Registry has added to the demand, and the later following disinterest, in many sets for the respective common cards. The long term affect of the registry should fortify card values but over a fairly long time span.

This aint no party,... this aint no disco,.. this aint no fooling around.