Home Sports Talk
Options

Semi-Finalists for the NFL HOF Class of 2005 announced

SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
Modern-Era Semi-Finalists for the NFL HOF Class of 2005

Benny Friedman and Fritz Pollard are the Seniors Committee nominees.

I am going with Marino and Young as definites.
Derrick Thomas as a maybe.
Art Monk and Ray Guy as players I'd like to see finally elected.

That's 5 already. Rules allow for between 3-6 players a year.

Comments

• Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    I am sad to see Ed "Too Tall" Jones is not on that list.image
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    Art Monk deserves to be there!
  • Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting this information. Great list of players. I would like to see some of the offensive linemen on the list get elected. Otherwise, it looks like there cannot be too many bad choices. Difficult choices but not incorrect.
  • Options
    achteyachtey Posts: 304 ✭✭✭
    how many years do you have to been not playing to be considered for the HOF? Just curious.

Josh
    The world meets no one half way. If you want it you have to go get it.
  • Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    From the Hall of Fame website:

"Any fan may nominate any qualified person who has been connected with pro football in any capacity simply by writing to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. The only restriction is that a player must have been retired at least five years before he can be considered. For example, a candidate for the 2005 class must have concluded his career not later than the 1999 season.

For a non-player, there is no mandatory retirement period, but a coach must be retired before he may be considered. Every nomination received will be processed and forwarded to the Board of Selectors.

It is important to emphasize that the Hall of Fame itself has no say whatsoever as to who is or is not elected to membership. The only function of the staff is to process the nominations as they arrive and to coordinate the annual meeting."

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going with Coryell, Guy, Marino, Monk, Stabler and Young.

Steve