Home Sports Talk

For those of us who do not like Miami,Fla.

What was your most satisfying game to watch them lose.

I guess everyone can remember the hail mary game with Doug Flutie....
but other than that my favorite was when Warren Sapp was a
senior and Ray Lewis was a freshman linebacker.
The Hurricanes had a chance to win the national championship
playing in their home stadium on a warm January night, only to
have Nebraska with a Florida raised quarterback come in to wear them
down and win in the fourth quarter.

That Penn State 14-7 championship win was also pretty sweet because
I didn't like Testerverde at all. I remember when they played Florida St.
at home. Danny McManus got injured in that game, but Testerverde threw
a 4th and 1 into the end zone with under a minute to play when they
just had to run out the clock for the win.

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I happened to watch The doug Flutie miracle and the 14-7 Penn State win. I have to say they are both equal to my # 1 Miami loss
  • Clemson and UNC image

no but for real It would be the national title game to Ohio State...hahaha
    that was great.
    Real recognize REAL
  • How can people not like Miami? All we do is win.... Actually I do understand why people don't like Miami, it's for the same reason I hate the Yankees, Cowboys and Bulls - they won a lot.

And Skippy to reply to your question "How many National Titles do you have?" we have 5 for football and 5 for baseball - how many does your team have?

• Of course for me, the Nebraska win in the 95 Orange Bowl was sweet revenge after NU put Miami on the map in 1983 by going for 2 (a decision I agreed with, but you wonder where Miami would be today if that game ended a 31-31 tie and NU won the championship).

I now hate Miami for another reason. I live in Connecticut and am also a Connecticut Huskies fan. UConn is building an up-and coming Big East football team, and was counting on Miami and Va Tech to be part of the Big East, after the State spent $100 million for a new stadium. Well Miami royally screwed the Big East by bolting for the ACC, and dragged Va Tech and BC with them. This is after the Big East stood behind them after the NCAA nearly gave their football program the "death penalty".

Well, the last laugh may be on Miami. They made it tougher on themselves to win future national championships, and may end up an also-ran in the ACC instead of king of the Big East. Couldn't happen to a nicer team.

• Oh don't worry...Miami won't win the ACC.
    and won't win a title for awhile...
    see you next yr Miami...bring your game to doak...cause it's on!
    Real recognize REAL
  • If Miami beats VT in two weeks the Canes win the ACC - like it or not